News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Greetings First Posting

Started by JoeFtz, September 28, 2011, 11:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeFtz

Hello!

As the subject line states this is my first post on this forum. I am just seeking like minded individuals as friends as there are NONE that I know of here where in the small community where I live and I am tired of being so lonely! A little about myself:

1. Male
2. White
3. 50 years of age
4. Married
5. an administrative worker in local government
6. an avid runner that is training for my 4th marathon in December.
7. A Texan
8. Not a typical Texan! :-\
9. Sometimes find myself at a loss for words

Anywa...that is about it for now. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out!  ;)

~Joe

Xjeepguy

If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

DeterminedJuliet

Hello there! There are a couple of Texans around, Whitney, the forum's creator is one :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sandra Craft

I'm just happy to see someone else who's over 40!  Welcome.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Whitney

there are a lot of atheists in texas...I guess we like to be on the front lines.

I'm trying to get back into running but it's been slow progress.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Hello Joe

Another Male, white, 51 here, but in England rather than Texas.

Welcome to HAF  :)

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Good and Godless

Hi Joe!  I'm new, too.  I just ran my first half marathon yesterday. I enjoyed it (despite the pain), but CAN NOT imagine goes twice the distance, though my husband did.  Where's your marathon in December?

"A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectively on sympathy, education and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." -Albert Einstein
http://goodandgodless.blogspot.com/

Chronos

Hello, Joe!

I'm not fond of running, but I love swimming.

Texas is like the new Arizona.

Religion is a pyramid scheme with 501c3 tax-free status.