News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hello free thinkers

Started by thenorthernweeman, June 18, 2011, 09:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenorthernweeman

Great, a site to vent my thoughts.  I am a 38 year old Lancashire lad living in the heart of Cornwall UK.  Coming from an catholic Irish family on my mums side I spent my early years being preached at from year dot to my early teens in order to get in to a good catholic school.  At 14 my mother was starting to question her 'faith' and was encouraged to follow my own path and make my own decisions regarding my beliefs.  Although I was still attending a Catholic school I was starting to question the Catholic Church and its teaching, especially in Religious Education classes directly - but still got C in G.C.S.E.  My long suffering girlfriend has been the one to suffer my vents over the last 17 years after a few glass of red wine, now I can share with other like minded free thinkers (eventually).   I hope I will be welcome. Regards

Tank

Hi thenorthenweeman

Terry Pratchett fan by any chance?

Welcome to HAF

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

leedan

Welcome thenorthernweeman,
It does feel good to relieve that pressure. I hope you reach some sort equilibrium here.

McQ

Thanks for your intro and welcome to the forum!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Shy

Hi and welcome. Very glad I found this place also.

bicycle

Hello lad, I'm glad to see you made it to the board, this place seems pretty boring so far..hope we can make it interesting