News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Atheist Image Dump II

Started by Whitney, April 30, 2011, 02:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Siz on June 17, 2016, 04:33:27 PM

Rigorously scientific, of course...
Nice image, but misses out the contributions of Indian (could be considered as 4000BCE in terms of certain standardized practices found by impirical means but formalised)  and Muslim (800 to 1250CE or late, but largely built on  Indian) science much of which may have been religiously motivated rather than suppressed.

The Muslims certainly progressed medical science over the Christians!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

^ a profundity of substantial worth............... Beware the burning bush it is a hazard, both physically and mentally.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Dave

Dave

Dave

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Ecurb Noselrub

Icarus

^^I like it xSP. Just the thing for atheist math funsters like me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on July 29, 2016, 09:43:25 PM
^^I like it xSP. Just the thing for atheist math funsters like me.

Yeah, I thought of you when I posted it, Icarus.  ;D

Icarus

Back in the antiquities when there were land lines that serviced the telephones, there occured a great gnashing of teeth and even worse. The telephone company was adjusting the first three numerals to reflect the area that the land lines serviced. A nearby area, locally called K-ville, is a rural settlement that contains a most profoundly religious citizenry. The phone company assigned them the three number prefix of 666.  The K-ville people became apoplectic. They believed that the phone company was conspiring against them such that the devil would surely bring harm to their community.  That was twenty or more years ago.  Lucifer has not yet shown his face in that part of the county but the god fearing residents are fearful that he will. 

xSilverPhinx