News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Atheist Image Dump II

Started by Whitney, April 30, 2011, 02:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Amicale

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Crocoduck

As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Augustus

I'll just leave this here...

history_geek

Quote from: Augustus on April 12, 2012, 11:41:52 AM
I'll just leave this here...

....you have gotta be kidding. No, scratch that, this isn't good even as a a freaking joke! :o
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Too Few Lions

that's an amazing story. Maybe Aldo realised he was eyeing up a woman in the congregation, so decided his eyes were sinning and out they had to come...the NT quote at the bottom of the story is a nice little touch

Amicale

That's insanely sad. See, this here is why any sort of mental illness involving psychosis or mania does NOT mix well with religion. That poor, poor man. :(

I feel so badly for him. It's not funny to me. At MY worst point last summer/autumn (or at least at my most dangerous point), "God told me" to run across a busy street because I wasn't worthy of his "forgiveness" -- religion, even twisted versions of it, get tangled with mental illness and then it's really a surprise some of us are still around to wake up the next day because it screws with your head more than I can say. That's what happened to this guy, I'm prettymuch sure of it.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

If he did it to himself, he got what he was asking for (Pretty much literally)

I don't pity the fool, but I'd pay coin to watch that.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

I wonder how the children in the congregation reacted. I mean, that would scar me for life.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Asmodean on April 12, 2012, 05:35:36 PM

Not me...I think I'd pass out.

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 12, 2012, 05:41:36 PM
I wonder how the children in the congregation reacted. I mean, that would scar me for life.
Small ones would probably not quite understand what was going down, so their reaction would likely be minimal. However, their parents would quite possibly traumatise them afterwards by forcing the issue on them in a well-meaning attempt to "help" them "deal" with it.

For bigger kids... Depends on their personality, I suppose.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on April 12, 2012, 05:35:36 PM
If he did it to himself, he got what he was asking for (Pretty much literally)

If he was suffering from a mental illness (I don't know if he was, but let's just assume for a moment that he was), would you still pay to watch that?