News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Atheist Image Dump II

Started by Whitney, April 30, 2011, 02:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

>:( Great! Will need to raid a kindergarten AGAIN!
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Amicale

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Amicale

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on March 17, 2012, 03:45:03 PM
Quote from: Amicale on March 17, 2012, 07:38:14 AM

That's really lovely and it almost made cry.

I love it, too.  :)

I also understand that not all atheists have these values -- and that's why I call myself a secular humanist, which I think those values fall most in line with, although I don't like labeling people and I don't think everyone fits into a neat, tidy box. Basically, I TRY to live up to the statements expressed here whenever I possibly humanly can. Sometimes I fail to help in ways I should... but because I set my own standards, and enforce them, I'm also very hard on myself when I let someone down or fail to help them. It has nothing to do with worrying God will punish me, or hoping for some kind of reward if I do what I 'should' do. It's that I KNOW my fellow humans need help, and I happen to believe that in as far as help goes, we fellow humans are it. Either we step up and help, or we don't... and if we don't help, no God will ever step in and help for us. The onus is on us entirely, individually and collectively. Knowing that gives me a sense of awe and responsibility, and when I screw up, I commit myself to doing better the next time and I try to follow through.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

history_geek

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Buddy

^ One of my favorite quotes from him  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

joeactor

Amicale

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com