News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Atheist Image Dump II

Started by Whitney, April 30, 2011, 02:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Amicale

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

Quote from: Amicale on February 16, 2012, 03:21:24 AM
Quote from: Crow on February 16, 2012, 03:05:29 AM
Quote from: Amicale on February 16, 2012, 02:27:24 AM
:) Yep, she grew up, learned to think for herself. Good on her.

If there's one sure thing I've learned, it's that at 26, I'm a very, very different person than I was at 21, and at 16. It seems like every five years or so, I notice myself growing, changing, learning. I hope it's for the better. I'm trying to be open to changing views that don't make sense, and to be open to accepting new ones that do.

But do you feel any older than when you were 21 even though you have grown and changed as a person?

Honestly, yes. I do. In the last 5 years, a lot's gone down in my family and with my personal life, including the birth of my daughter almost 4 years ago. Having a child will make you feel a sense of responsibility you never had, that's for sure.

Man, I don't (and I'm even 5 years older than you.)  It's almost scary, because most of the time I feel like such a kid, and it makes me wonder if all of the "adults"  that I looked up to when I was younger were actually just big kids living adult lives too.  I do all of the stuff that adults are supposed to do - I pay my mortgage, I love raising my son, I have a professional career that I'm really good at, I'm faithful to my husband.  From the outside looking in, I probably look like an adult most of the time.  But I still feel like a kid.  Don't know why, or if I will ever truly feel like a real live grown up.  Maybe I'll just always be 22 in my head.  That would be okay, I guess, as long as I keep acting like the grown up I'm supposed to be.

Crocoduck

As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Guardian85

Crockoduck, pardon me while I roll on the floor laughing...

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

philosoraptor

"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Guardian85

-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Ah, but the stars forgot to make themselves martyrs in the process.

Physics of Star Trek. Well worth reading.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crocoduck

Stole this from another forum....I'll probably burn in hell for that.

As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Ali

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on February 17, 2012, 02:22:32 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on February 17, 2012, 10:19:38 AM

Love!  Can I steal this quote for my signature?

I love it too. It's beautiful.  :) (but I'll let you try and steal it for a sig, Ali!)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Guardian85

-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Well, I would ascribe it to him, of course!  I wouldn't act like "Oh here's this great quote that I, Ali, just came up with.  Do you like it?"  LOL!

Davin

Quote from: Ali on February 17, 2012, 05:05:48 PM
Well, I would ascribe it to him, of course!  I wouldn't act like "Oh here's this great quote that I, Ali, just came up with.  Do you like it?"  LOL!
Sure... I'm keeping my eye on you...
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.