News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Burn the Qu'ran and We'll KILL YOU!

Started by fester30, April 01, 2011, 08:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fester30

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/04/01/seven-killed-koran-burning-protest-headquarters-afghanistan/

Really Muslims?  So a Florida church burns a Qu'ran, and you're going to kill some UN members in Afghanistan who had nothing to do with it to make a point?  Really?  You're just reinforcing the stereotype that Florida church holds about you.

Stevil

People are strange sometimes.

Surely it was just a copy that was burnt, not the irreplacable original copy written thousands of years ago. The Qu'ran is a peice of Intellectual Property which is mass produced on media (paper, ink). If a copy is destroyed, surley more copies can be made?
What happens if a a psunami hits a house, destroying a copy of the Qu'ran inside? Are we to go out and kill some of god's angels? or randomly kill some of Mother Nature's creatures.
What if a two year old child gets a crayon and draws all over one? Are we to start killing people of the same race as that two year old?

What if someone has a digital copy stored on their harddrive? If they sell their computer to a Christian who deletes the file or reformats the hard drive, are we then to go and kill a bunch of Christians?

AreEl

The Qur'an - the book itself - is held in idolatry by Muslims.

I've thrown out The Koran, an English translation by N.J. Dawood...maybe a righteous Muslim will come to cut off my head. However,  I still own The Holy Qur'an translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. I also have Ali's French translation of the same book.

Whatever... the Koran was written by a rat holed up in a cave for over 20 years.
''I believe in God...it's his ground crew I have a problem with!''  -a former coworker

Ulver

As batshit as it is, and as bad as it continues to make that religion look- their tactics work. It takes a great deal of guts to cross Islam in that manner, knowing what is likely to occur.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Ulver"As batshit as it is, and as bad as it continues to make that religion look- their tactics work. It takes a great deal of guts to cross Islam in that manner, knowing what is likely to occur.

It takes some guts and a total disregard for the safety of others.

fester30

Quote from: "Ulver"As batshit as it is, and as bad as it continues to make that religion look- their tactics work. It takes a great deal of guts to cross Islam in that manner, knowing what is likely to occur.

I love the word 'batshit.'  I love it more than 'apeshit.'

Stevil

West Boro in the latest documentary admitted to burning a qu'ran, does that mean somewhere a non muslim will die?
It's all horseshit of you ask me.

fester30

Quote from: "Stevil"West Boro in the latest documentary admitted to burning a qu'ran, does that mean somewhere a non muslim will die?
It's all horseshit of you ask me.

And 'apeshit' is better than 'horseshit.'

I doubt the Westboro thing will cause any additional protests.  The Qu'rab burning in Florida was broadcast on a special TV channel that is beamed via satellite to Muslim lands.  The purpose of this special TV channel is to convert Muslims to Christianity.  The protests had already started before the Qu'ran burning even made the news in the USA.

Davin

I always thought they meant different things:
Horsesht/bullshit: lies or just incorrect. "That's horse shit!"
Apeshit: a violent/animated rage fit. "He went ape shit and started throwing chairs and napkin dispensers every where."
Batshit: a crazy thing to do or a crazy person. "You're bat shit crazy."
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Davin"I always thought they meant different things:
Apeshit: a violent/animated rage fit. "He went ape shit and started throwing chairs and napkin dispensers every where."

That seems close to the definitive shit.

fester30

Quote from: "Davin"I always thought they meant different things:

You're right.  I wasn't trying to insinuate that they had similar meanings.  I was just talking about how much I like the words.  I think batshit is the coolest of the __shit words I've heard, followed by apeshit, horseshit, and bullshit.  I will keep an open mind to further beautiful uses of the word shit, of course.

Davin

Oh, well then pardon my interuption, just thought I might have been all alone in that.
I'm more partial to apeshit, then next is batshit, then horseshit and bullshit are just about equal.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

fester30

I think we've derailed the thread (wasn't really going anywhere, anyway).  Is there a rule or something against doing that to your own thread?