News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on June 13, 2018, 03:50:22 AM
I was much, much better off today. Didn't sleep a wink last night but had plenty of energy and was actually focused for a change at work. I could've left at eight and only done a ten hour day but decided to close and pulled the full twelve. Lunch wasn't very satisfying, but food hasn't really been good lately and at least I got to eat something.

Tonight could've turned into another dumpster fire but I managed to hold things together and keep everyone else going. My timing was almost perfect and even though my big scheme for the night failed due to an abrupt change everyone was positive for the entire night.

A good day :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Do unto cats
as you would
have cats do
unto you.

I'd kill disappear them 'cause they're a cat.
I'd accept a cat disappearing me because I was a cat, if I was a cat, the greater good...

It's taking me a while to get through this episode of QI
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

You can't trust tree rings.
Meerkats teach their young how to deal with scorpions.
Shame they never learned to use a stick.
Ye...

Bad Penny II

I'm getting close to a thousand posts,
I might get a spoon.  :) :D ;D

One spoon to rule them all, one spoon to find them, One spoon to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Shut up Greeny!

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 13, 2018, 01:38:44 PM

One spoon to rule them all, one spoon to find them, One spoon to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Shut up Greeny!

Just think how many post you have actually made. The Magic Pudding made 4,913, you'd be well on your way to, if not beyond, 6,000 posts by now.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Oh look that was my 29,666th post.

Arturo

Nobody noticed this but me.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

Quote from: Arturo on June 13, 2018, 03:44:01 PM

Yes you only get the one chance at that title! Good spot!

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on June 13, 2018, 03:41:39 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 13, 2018, 01:38:44 PM

Shut up Greeny!

Just think how many post you have actually made. The Magic Pudding made 4,913, you'd be well on your way to, if not beyond, 6,000 posts by now.
Have I not told you I'm a counter?
I reset, born anew.

Dragonia

Quote from: Arturo on June 13, 2018, 03:44:01 PM

Holy crap! That is cool! Thanks for catching it!  :devil:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

What is the meaning of the number 666999?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dragonia

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

I just watched a video from Jordan Peterson on his podcast and it was very interesting. It was about Men and Kids who grow up without fathers but I listened to it anyways because my Father was always there. And I think I got some insights into the way I am. Even though I had no Mother for a long time, I learned what kids learn from their Mothers and their Fathers. Fathers create the reward system with rough housing with their kids and the kids like that so the Fathers can then use that to delay the gratification. Mothers are more like "here you go" and point them directly to the object they want and because of that kids who are raised by their Mothers are more likely to have ADHD.

So that has a lot of implications for me and the way my brain works. And I can start to develop more techniques to soothe my troubled mind and negotiate with the world. Mostly Men have the ability to say no, but it's not "No never" it's "No, not right now." which explains the typical Father archetype of kids wanting to go to their Fathers and being brushed off until later. Which is where the "Daddy didn't hug me enough" thing came from. But I think I was not bothered by that as a child because I knew that the good would come later. What I need to know now is how the Mother works in a relationship with the child. And by doing that I think I understand how my Step Mother thought a little bit, and through that, myself.

So what I need to do now is step back into the realm of the Father and act like a man, instead of a woman.
     Arturo The1  リ壱