News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Velma on October 24, 2017, 02:12:16 AM
Friday my husband was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. Today (Monday) he was supposed to be admitted to the hospital for three days for IV furosemide, which is supposed to remove the fluid buildup in his body and ease the strain on his heart. His doctor did not write up the orders correctly, so he is in the emergency room getting his IV. No one knows if he will be admitted or not. I may have to go pick him up later. I'm not really sure how I feel at the moment.
Shit. Not good. Go kick some arse!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on October 25, 2017, 01:04:55 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 25, 2017, 12:41:53 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 24, 2017, 04:33:44 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 23, 2017, 10:01:53 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 23, 2017, 03:34:24 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 12, 2017, 01:21:27 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 12, 2017, 05:01:13 AM
Quote from: Icarus on October 12, 2017, 04:30:26 AM
Mags or Bruno would probably help you with your espanol Silver.
I would be happy to help.  :wave hi:

Yay!  ;D  Estoy mucho feliz, me alegro!

:notsure:
:snicker:
I'm sorry, I just noticed this.
"Estoy muy feliz, me alegro!"

Estoy mucho, means, "I am too much happy."
Estoy muy, means, "I am very happy." 
:grin:

Whoops! :grin:

Muchas gracias!  ;D

That's about the extent of my productive capacity in Spanish. :P
You know, now that I think about it, it can also mean, "a lot."  :notsure:
It still wouldn't make sense: "Estoy mucho feliz." "I am a lot happy."
You could say, "Yo siento mucha felicidad." I feel a lot of happiness.  :shrug:

Ok, estoy muy feliz and yo siento mucha felicidad. Got it. :grin:

Ahora só tengo que recordar.

:notsure: That looks like good portuñol, right there. :P
Yes! Ahora solo tengo que recordarlo.

It was close! :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

Quote from: Tank on October 25, 2017, 07:28:21 PM
Quote from: Velma on October 24, 2017, 02:12:16 AM
Friday my husband was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. Today (Monday) he was supposed to be admitted to the hospital for three days for IV furosemide, which is supposed to remove the fluid buildup in his body and ease the strain on his heart. His doctor did not write up the orders correctly, so he is in the emergency room getting his IV. No one knows if he will be admitted or not. I may have to go pick him up later. I'm not really sure how I feel at the moment.
Shit. Not good. Go kick some arse!!!
Still no word from his cardiologist. Tuesday, so I don't think he tried very hard to reach the man. However, still nothing today. We're not sure what's going on.

My husband is thinking of trying to get a second opinion. Now he just has to find another cardiologist who will see him within a reasonable time frame.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dragonia

This baby came to us about a week and a half ago and adopted us. We did our due diligence to find her owners, but came up with nothing. So $150 later, for the vet visit, I guess I own a cat.
:shocked:   
I am now a cat lady.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on October 26, 2017, 09:05:42 AM
Still no word from his cardiologist. Tuesday, so I don't think he tried very hard to reach the man. However, still nothing today. We're not sure what's going on.

My husband is thinking of trying to get a second opinion. Now he just has to find another cardiologist who will see him within a reasonable time frame.

I think a second opinion is always a good idea, it's the scheduling that's a nightmare (as you know).  I can understand that for a new doctor or new problem, but I really don't understand the hold-up on getting test results.  Even if there's some back-up in the lab or whatever, a nurse should still call to let you know there'll be a delay and why.  Leaving a patient hanging is not just rude, it's heartless.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Dragonia on October 26, 2017, 02:19:22 PM
This baby came to us about a week and a half ago and adopted us. We did our due diligence to find her owners, but came up with nothing. So $150 later, for the vet visit, I guess I own a cat.
I am now a cat lady.

Adorable -- have you decided on a name?
Sandy

Icarus

Oh, Goody. We can have a contest to choose a name for Dragonias new kitty.

Just in case Dragonia is a Univ of Georgia fan, (she lives someplace in the state of Georgia and is obligated to be a UGA fan)  familiar with the battle cry,; Between The Hedges, how bout the kitties name becomes ....Hedges? Nah, that one is not good enough.  "Silver Britches" is another UGA yell but not what I'd want to name a cat. Another UGA expression is: Them Dawgs. ....The UGA mascot is a bulldog......A name like Dawg ain't going to fit a nice little cat.

The only cat that ever had me,.... humans do not have cats, cats have humans,...... was a big old tom cat that was all black. Not a hair on him that was a different color.  He was a stray that showed up one day to make friends with my two Irish Setters. The three of them bonded most noticeably.  We did not know the cats real name so we called him BC....for black cat.   Mr. BC became a valued companion to the whole family. He behaved as if he was at least an honorary Irish setter.  We came to love that damned cat.

Dragonias new family member could be named with something more dignified or appropriate than a sports saying.   Since the new familiy member is a resident of Dragonias house, maybe a name that is more dragon like, but still lovable, perhaps Puff 

Depending on the brand of Motocross bikes her guys favor....maybe KTM?  Somehow Yamaha, Huskvarna, or Kawasaki does not seem appropriate for a nice little kitty. Suzuki, maybe.  There is after all the Suzuki methods for teaching violin.....which make a pleasing  sound.   Kitty cats make a pleasing purring sound when they are content.

Dragonia

^^^ Icarus, you are funny, your wheels were really turning there for a few minutes, eh?
Well, since we are from Alaska, we were thinking of Alaskan names. On the table are Denali, Tundra, Knik,  and Susitna. All names would mean something to an Alaskan. But of course, not everyone can agree on one name. So it'll Probably be Knik, after a glacier that we grew up playing around.
The only funny thing about the name Knik, is that it will turn into "Knicky" to my daughter, thus always bringing to mind the rhyme from the movie Grease, "A hickey from Knickey is like a hallmark card; when you care enough to send the very best". :lol:

Dave

Oh, dear. I can imagine that being expanded, in times of despair over the kit's less than domedtic behaviour (guarranteed), "Oh, Knikers!"
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dragonia

Dave, I'm afraid "knickers" has never, ever occurred to me as an expression  :)
The only thing knickers means to this American girl is the knee-high pants that were cool in the 80's.
If my kitty starts acting less-than-domesticated, I would probably be muttering something slightly more colorful.  ;D

Dave

Quote from: Dragonia on October 27, 2017, 01:27:56 PM
Dave, I'm afraid "knickers" has never, ever occurred to me as an expression  :)
The only thing knickers means to this American girl is the knee-high pants that were cool in the 80's.
If my kitty starts acting less-than-domesticated, I would probably be muttering something slightly more colorful.  ;D

Are, two nations separated by a common language agsin!

"Knickers" is used over here as a mild swear word, you could substitute it after "Oh, -" as a euphemism. "Pants!" is sometimes used instead where we use that for "underpants" instead of trousers.

So, chances are it will not happen over there :D
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Hey Dragon lady, I got a name for your kat, how about, "Oh Evil One"?

You would say it as one word, like, "OhEvilOne".  8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Velma

Quote from: Dragonia on October 26, 2017, 02:19:22 PM
I am now a cat lady.

She looks like a Tilly to me.

(Edited to add): Congrats on your new owner, Dragonia!
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Icarus

Those of you who have seen the Broadway play: Cats, will know that it is based on the bizarre writings of T.S. Elliot. 

Elliot in his compendium titled ; "Old Possums Book Of Practical Cats, has  laid down some rules for naming cats. They must have three different names.

First of all there is the name that the family uses daily, such as Peter, Augustus, Alonzo, or James.....Such as Victor, Jonathon, George, or Bill Bailey. There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter, some for the gentlemen some for the dames: such as Plato, Admetus< Electra, Dementer. But all of them sensible everyday names.  But I tell you that a cat needs a name that's particular, a name that is peculiar and more dignified, else how can he keep his tail perpendicular, or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?  Of names of this kind, I can give you a quorum, such as Munkustrap, QUaxo, or Coricopat,...such as Bombalurina, or else Jellyorum.....Names that never belong to more than one cat, but above and beyond there's still one name left over, and that is the name that you will never guess; The name that no human can discover.....but the cat knows and will never confess.

When you notice a cat in profound meditation, the reason I tell you is always the same, his mind is engaged in rapt contemplation of the thought of the thought of his name: His ineffable effible Effeneffible deep and inscrutable singular name.

Elliot Cats cats had names like Gumbie cat, Growltiger, Rum Tum Tugger,  Jellicles, ,Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer .

You cool HAFers will recognize the italicized words as the lyrics of one of the songs. 

Dragonia... How could you even think of giving a dignified Georgia cracker cat an Alaskan name. For shame! Buford, Bubba, Geraldine, Loease, or something colloquially acceptable. If you must attach an Alaskan name on a pet, then you just have to get a Husky dog or a polar bear. ....Hey just foolin"  :cheersfortwo:

Sandra Craft

Sandy