News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on October 07, 2017, 09:43:30 PM
I wish I could post more stuff today, but I had an eye exam.
My eyes are bugging me, they look like this.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'll come back tomorrow.  :sad sigh:

:hug:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

That's what my right eye looked like after the op, but very much more bloodshot!

Now the pupil is smaller than that of my left eye but the image is brighter and the whites are whiter. Just shows how much light the original lens was blocking and turning a dirty yellowish.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Take care Dave, and we'll see you tomorrow...by the way, do I detect a bit of mascara in that picture of your eye?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Going to practice a presentation tomorrow, so I'm a little nervous. I find it a little funny that while I wish presentations are over as soon as they begin, there's never enough time for everything I want to say!

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 08, 2017, 09:32:25 PM
Going to practice a presentation tomorrow, so I'm a little nervous. I find it a little funny that while I wish presentations are over as soon as they begin, there's never enough time for everything I want to say!

Good luck.  I'm told it's all a matter of practice -- both getting over the nerves and timing what you want to say.  Will your presentation have a question and answer session?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 09, 2017, 12:32:04 AM

Good luck.  I'm told it's all a matter of practice -- both getting over the nerves and timing what you want to say.  Will your presentation have a question and answer session?

Yeah, I've finished the slides, and am practicing timing right now. I'm supposed to speak for t least 7 minutes, maximum 10, and when I time myself it's 5 minutes long. I get nervous and speak much faster than is sensible.

There will be a 10 minute question and and answer session afterward.

:panic:

:chairhide:

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 09, 2017, 12:46:04 AM
Yeah, I've finished the slides, and am practicing timing right now. I'm supposed to speak for t least 7 minutes, maximum 10, and when I time myself it's 5 minutes long. I get nervous and speak much faster than is sensible.

Hmmmm.  I would advise you to imagine everyone naked, but that's never worked for me.  Maybe if you imagined everyone was a crash test dummy?
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

:lol: Imagining everyone was naked has never worked for me either. I've never given crash test dummies a try, maybe I'll test that. :notsure:

Dave

Yeah, good luck. I did not have much fesr with my first presentation but then my prifesdional rep did notnpivot on it.

Only advice I can offer is that if at least one member of the audience is not ill-disposed towards you (friendly being perfect) make about 30% of your eye contact with them, imagine them as being your prime audience. Whilst not ignoring the seniors of course. Just hoping you have no egotists in the group.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Remember. They are on trial, not you. It's your presentation. You are in charge. While you talk they listen. It's your room while you are talking. Never ever forget that! Let them pick fault if they dare. You are right. You have done the research. They are there to listen and learn. If they don't do either Fuck 'em. Their loss.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on October 09, 2017, 08:23:51 PM

Remember. They are on trial, not you. It's your presentation. You are in charge. While you talk they listen. It's your room while you are talking. Never ever forget that! Let them pick fault if they dare. You are right. You have done the research. They are there to listen and learn. If they don't do either Fuck 'em. Their loss.

Ok. I'll get up there and :domanatrix:

(I hope you know I'm joking.)  :unsure:

;) :grin:

xSilverPhinx

The practice presentation went well, and I got a lot of helpful suggestions and comments. I didn't even get as nervous as I normally do, which was great!

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 10, 2017, 12:04:09 AM
The practice presentation went well, and I got a lot of helpful suggestions and comments. I didn't even get as nervous as I normally do, which was great!

Excellent  :dance:
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 10, 2017, 12:52:59 AM

Excellent  :dance:

Yes, it feels great to still be alive! :grin: :P

Magdalena

:clapping:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant