News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's with all these Zodiac signs?

Started by tigerlily46514, August 11, 2007, 08:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveS

Hey, man, I'm a pig --- cry me a river!  :wink:

Maybe somebody could publish an FSM zodiac?  I'd rather be a "buccaneer", or "scurvy dog", or some such pirate-themed symbol.....

Whitney

Quote from: "SteveS"Zodiac symbols, eh, machts nicht to me.  I really like the Chinese zodiac symbols, though.  They're cute, aren't they?

On the place mat at the chinese place I'm a dog on the ones attached the the forum I'm a cock....Maybe the chinese zodiac is trying to tell me somthing  :shock:

SteveS

:lol:  

Yeah, come to think of it, the Chinese could have chosen more flattering animals for their zodiac.....

MommaSquid

Quote from: "laetusatheos"On the place mat at the chinese place I'm a dog on the ones attached the the forum I'm a cock....Maybe the chinese zodiac is trying to tell me somthing  :D

Girl Dancing In Orbit

I completely agree with tigerlily46514.

This is the reason why I don't enter my birthday, I don't want to see my signs.  And as website that promotes, or I think promotes rational thinking, they don't belong here.

Bella

Quote from: "laetusatheos"I don't know how to remove it.

:lol: I don't know why... but this thread cracked me up! (Or, like I'd said before... the cold meds...)

I don't believe you have a certain type of personailty because of your birth date, of course. But, it's such a popular thing, that people have a self-fulfilling prophecy. I mean, everyone hears how they "should be" at such a young age, I think it has some effect on their personality.

rlrose328

I don't care enough about the astrological symbols to get upset about it.  It's part of popular culture and it actually amuses me to read what they write.  When I was in college, I wrote the astrology column for the newspaper.  I just made it all up, whatever I felt like writing.  It was fun.  LOL!

So yes, I'm an Aries... headstrong and childish.  Just so happens it's true.  :-)   As an atheist and freethinker, I've got more important things to worry about than if there's a ram logo on my posts.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

pagan1

how about using the symbols from the periodic table?I would like to be hydrogen or at least helium,since they are the oldest elements around...

Mister Joy

I agree with rlrose. I think they're a harmless bit o'fun. It's not like someone's going to come on here and rethink their atheism over something like that. I don't think it's necessary to be that pernickety about expressing an anti-theological stance. Also, I'd rather be a dragon that an atom 8)

Tricky_Niki

I want to be a unicorn but a purple one instead of a pink one or maybe a toaster but 4 slices instead of 2. If that cant happen I will live with the signs as far as i can tell they hurt no one and make some of us giggle a little bit.
Freethought and Toasters have never killed anyone.
Everything you need to know about life can be learned from Toasters.

Smarmy Of One

I like having the the little goat under my avatar. It makes me feel closer to satan who, as an atheist, I worship.

:lol: