News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Music that puts god in its place

Started by Ratio, August 08, 2007, 04:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratio

Hi all. I have just finished an album, which I called Atheist State. Tracks include Pink Unicorns and The God Delusion.

You can listen and download four tracks at www.myspace.com/ratiozone

I am hoping to continue to correct the current imbalance between nauseating xtian music and the alternative.

Anyway, hope you can listen and please let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Steve, of RA>t<IO

rlrose328

LOVE this!  Reminds me of  the music I loved in the late 80s!  Wow... and the fact that it's for atheists by atheists just makes it that much better.  I sure do hope you get signed so this can be distributed.

My favorite so far is Propagation... My mother often asks why we are "indoctrinating" our son in atheism, but says her church friends aren't indoctrinating their children but merely "teaching them about their religion."  She just doesn't see the forest for the trees.

I added you as a My Space friend so I can listen to this a lot while I'm sitting here at night.  Thanks so much for making this great music!  :D
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Ratio

Quote from: "rlrose328"I added you as a My Space friend so I can listen to this a lot while I'm sitting here at night.

Thanks so much for making this great music!  :D

Thanks so much for your great feedback, you've made my day :-)

Spot on, it is influenced a lot by 80s sounds and styles. There are two tracks on the album that are literally retro 80s tracks.

It means a lot that the music means something to you! :-)  If you want a copy of the whole album (13 tracks), drop me a message on ra_t_io@yahoo . com . au  (remove spaces of coruse). I'd love for you to hear the rest if you enjoy the four online. Your feedback would be valuable to me. Yes, hope I get help with distribution too. Thanks again.

Take care.

rlrose328

I just dropped you an email... I love what's on your MySpace page so I can't wait to hear the rest!  Yes, your music means so much to me... I heard many things in each of the 4 up there that apply to my life.  It was eerie.

Thanks so much for your talent!
**Kerri**

Eclecticsaturn

its good if you like that type of music. Im not a fan but it sounds well recorded and produced. good luck!

rlrose328

Eclectic, you sound like my hubby... LOL!  I can look past music to listen to the words and I can learn to like a type of music if the words "speak' to me (e.g, don't care for country, but LOVE the Dixie Chicks "Not Ready to Make Nice").  

My hubby, OTOH, can't get past music he doesn't like, no matter WHAT the words are and many times, he doesn't even KNOW the words to a song he likes.

In the case of RA>t<IO, I LOVE the music because I went through a big Depeche Mode/Erasure period and this really reminds me of those groups, so it's a comfortable feeling I get when listening to them.
**Kerri**

tigerlily46514

OOH, i like it!  "Music for Atheists by an atheist!"  cool enuff!  "ADD ME"  ha ha!!  I'm jean , i sent you an 'add' thing.

i hardly ever go to myspace,(i'm 50)but i  went there to see my daughter's paintings on her myspace page...  But i went back there today to hear this, a first for me!!!!   Atheist music!!!??  woo-hoo!

I love soul music the most, but i like ALL kinds, ALL kinds, every kind, every genre--there's some songs i'll love.   I like "Tell A Lie" the best.  Yeah, it's retro-ish, but still, how unique!!!!!  You got nice enuff pipes, too.
"religious groups should stay out of politics-OR BE TAXED."

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."