News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Movie: "Hot Fuzz"

Started by rlrose328, August 06, 2007, 05:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlrose328

Has anyone seen this movie?  It features a lead character who is a non-believer (the actor is probably agnostic and supporting actor is an outspoken atheist).  It was very refreshing to see a movie in which the lead character tells a religious person (a priest, no less) that he's a non-believer.

A quote:
"I may not be a religious man Reverend, but I know right and I know wrong and I have the good grace to know which is which."
Said by the main character to the priest upon introductions

Other than that, it's a fun romp... were it starring Adam Sandler, it would be stupid funny... but as a british comedy, it's smart funny.  Loved it.

It's also interesting to note that it's the believers who are killing everyone throughout the movie, so their town can win a "best village" award... but the atheist/agnostic is saving the town.  Guess Bush has a hand in the running of this village.  LOL!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

donkeyhoty

that's one fat cat.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

rlrose328

Yes, he is... er... was.  LOL!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!