News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

I need help. Again... : )

Started by Simone, June 06, 2007, 04:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Quote from: "SteveS"Ah - now this I think I can help with.  The "meeting point" is just the affect of the lenses.  The bottom lens, before the "meeting point", was a converging lens.  So, the light converges at the focal point, then diverges again after the focal point.  The next lens begans re-converging the light toward the eye-piece.  There is no additional optic at the "meeting point".

Edit: For additional clarity, the meeting point is the focal point of the last lens this light has gone through, that's all.

Ditto. :)

Every photon is simply on a direct line to a specific focal point (meeting point), and once they get there, they simply pass through along that same line, in essence, looking as if they all met in the center, bounced outward away from it, and kept on moving. Of course, they didn't bounce away, they just passed through the point. It just appears that they did come together and bounce away.

Man, I hope I didn't just confuse you after Steve's reply! LOL!

I could so easily explain this on a chalk board for you, but it's much harder in here!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Simone

Quote from: "SteveS"Ah - now this I think I can help with.  The "meeting point" is just the affect of the lenses.  The bottom lens, before the "meeting point", was a converging lens.  So, the light converges at the focal point, then diverges again after the focal point.  The next lens begans re-converging the light toward the eye-piece.  There is no additional optic at the "meeting point".

Edit: For additional clarity, the meeting point is the focal point of the last lens this light has gone through, that's all.

Although just by looking at that picture, all the lenses or mirrors seem the same, so it's a bit hard to differentiate between them (if they're biconvex, convex, biconcave, concave). Or would I just have to see how the light is behaving once hitting them, or going through them?
Ugh...ima back.

Simone

Thanks McQ, that actually didn't confuse me, kind of brought things more into the open. Thanks for all the help and responses (to all). This really helped.

Thanks again for the help and putting up with my questions and I.

:)
Ugh...ima back.