News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

This is Billy.

Started by tymygy, October 23, 2010, 05:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tymygy

This is my dialogue for a video I'm making. I'd love some feedback, good or bad, on anything I should change or things that didn't make sense. Thanks  :D

This is Billy. And according to the Bible, an omnipotent, omniscient, Omni benevolent God gave Billy, like every other human on earth, a free will. As Billy gets older, he uses his gift of free will and decides to become an atheist for the simple reason that Billy never saw any evidence for a God physically or mentally. One day, on his way to work Billy is hit by a bus, Billy doesn’t survive. Billy firmly believed there was nothing after death, just non-existence. But it turned out, God WAS real. And just because God never revealed himself to Billy, wasn’t a good enough excuse for the Lord. Therefore, God had no choice; Billy was cast into hell forever and ever. Why was this punishment necessary? Well, being the perfect God, God is. He couldn’t let some evil non-believer into his wonderful kingdom. For that reason, he MUST have eternal punishment for his lack of belief with no chance of redemption. Because, God is too good for Billy, and so are his glorious followers.  

Doesn’t this sound like an unjust, vial, evil God? So why would anyone in their right mind worship him? It’s beyond me.

Anyways, let’s take a look at a just, fair, loving God.

This is Billy. And according to the Bible, an omnipotent, omniscient, Omni benevolent God gave Billy, like every other human on earth, a free will. As Billy gets older, he uses his gift of free will and decides to become an atheist because Billy never saw any evidence for a God physically or mentally. One day, on his way to work Billy is hit by a bus, Billy doesn’t survive. Billy firmly believed there was nothing after death, just non-existence. But it turned out, God WAS real. But God loved Billy as his son, and welcomed him into heaven forgiving all lies Billy told, all things Billy stole, and the fact that Billy rejected God. Because, no one is too good for Billy, in Gods eyes, all men are created equal.  

Now, doesn’t that sound better? Well, it sucks because that isn’t the Christian God; no matter how much you twist the meaning of the bible, that isn’t what God is like. Instead, he is absolutely evil. I mean, Even if God HAD TO send Billy to hell, because this somehow surpasses his omnipotence, God could have kept Billy from eternal suffering by never creating Billy in the first place.
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

Sophus

Unbelief... the only unforgivable sin.

I like the Billy parable. Kudos!
You might want to add that among God's follows in heaven that are too good for Billy are bound to be some pedophile priests and death bed converted serial killers. Now there's everyone's ideal of a just judgement day.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

tymygy

Quote from: "Sophus"Unbelief... the only unforgivable sin.

I like the Billy parable. Kudos!
You might want to add that among God's follows in heaven that are too good for Billy are bound to be some pedophile priests and death bed converted serial killers. Now there's everyone's ideal of a just judgement day.

Thanks ;D

And thats awesome, I'm definitely going to add that.  :yay:
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

Thumpalumpacus

The fact of the matter is that no one can reconcile a perfectly merciful god with a perfectly ruthless god, unless one surrenders either perfection, or the god himself.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

tymygy

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"The fact of the matter is that no one can reconcile a perfectly merciful god with a perfectly ruthless god, unless one surrenders either perfection, or the god himself.

^like

Gawen

The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Whitney

Instead of on his way to work what about on his way to volunteer at a homeless shelter?  It needs to be established off the bat that he is ethical, just not a believer.

Gawen

Quote from: "Whitney"Instead of on his way to work what about on his way to volunteer at a homeless shelter?  It needs to be established off the bat that he is ethical, just not a believer.
Oh...good call!!
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

tymygy

Quote from: "Whitney"Instead of on his way to work what about on his way to volunteer at a homeless shelter?  It needs to be established off the bat that he is ethical, just not a believer.

Didn't even think of that. I'll be sure to add that.

LegendarySandwich

I like it. I wonder what kind of response Christians can/are going to give.