News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

All is void.

Started by Quan Yin, September 19, 2010, 10:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quan Yin

Quote from: "i_am_i"
Quote from: "Quan Yin"The Buddha is the void, he has crossed over from the illusion, and awakened the void. They are one, and they are void.

Okay, but what exactly is this Buddha you keep talking about?

The Buddha, is the awakened one. He has achieved ultimate truth about reality, and himself. He strips away all mental fictions, and experiences lack of self. He realizes that the mind is self-initiated, self-perceived, and self-contained. His subjectivity is suspended, and experiences reality directly, and he is reality, and he is void. The void awakens from mental fiction, and bares witness to itself.

"The Buddha" is permanent, changeless, and free from all fiction, because he is the void, he is existence itself. He understands this, and has experienced it first hand. Buddha nature is realizing his cognitive phenomena again.
“All the people will not experience the love energy in the same way. Some will be comforted. Some will be changed. And some will be confused and even angry.” -Quan Yin

hackenslash

There is no more formidable or insuperable barrier to knowledge than the certainty you already possess it.

Dretlin

Quote from: "Quan Yin"All thinks are impermanent, because all things necessary for the mind to sustain permanence from one moment to the next is a mental fiction, one no more dies upon the ceasing of the function of the brain than they do from moment to moment. There is no death, because there is no life. This is all mental fiction. There is only void.

Unless you elaborate on "void", your musing are near meaningless.

Quan Yin

Quote from: "PoopShoot"If I am not, then how do I think?

You don't, there is no self. This is an illusion of perception. All thought is mental fiction, and "thinking" itself is mental fiction -- because it exists only in mental space.

QuoteI have yet to see this demonstration.

It must be personally experienced. One cannot present truths, using only fictions. This is an approximation. The Buddha demonstrates it by virtue of obtaining enlightenment, and his esoteric knowledge of reality. When the Buddhist Doctrines are examined, it is clean that the Buddha did achieve Nirvana through meditation -- it best explains the inferences about himself, and reality that he drew from it.
“All the people will not experience the love energy in the same way. Some will be comforted. Some will be changed. And some will be confused and even angry.” -Quan Yin

PoopShoot

Quote from: "Quan Yin"You don't, there is no self. This is an illusion of perception. All thought is mental fiction, and "thinking" itself is mental fiction -- because it exists only in mental space.
Oh.  Well in that case, how do I think?
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Quan Yin

Quote from: "Dretlin"Unless you elaborate on "void", your musing are near meaningless.

A void as a synonym for emptiness, nothingness, lack of content, form, duality, solidity, temporality, cause, effect, contingency, quality, and all mental fictions. Empty of all objects of perception -- consistent of one, unified, nothingness.

Quan Yin

Quote from: "PoopShoot"Oh.  Well in that case, how do I think?

You, don't think. Subjectivity thinks, and subjectivity, is an illusion. We are not subjects observing objects, we are objects observing subjectivity. We are spikes of broken-symmetry, in a sea of quantum potentiality, in a void. We are the void, all else is made up of mental fictions, caused by the illusion of division from nothing.

i_am_i

Quote from: "Quan Yin"
Quote from: "i_am_i"
Quote from: "Quan Yin"The Buddha is the void, he has crossed over from the illusion, and awakened the void. They are one, and they are void.

Okay, but what exactly is this Buddha you keep talking about?

The Buddha, is the awakened one. He has achieved ultimate truth about reality, and himself. He strips away all mental fictions, and experiences lack of self. He realizes that the mind is self-initiated, self-perceived, and self-contained. His subjectivity is suspended, and experiences reality directly, and he is reality, and he is void. The void awakens from mental fiction, and bares witness to itself.

"The Buddha" is permanent, changeless, and free from all fiction, because he is the void, he is existence itself. He understands this, and has experienced it first hand. Buddha nature is realizing his cognitive phenomena again.

If the Buddha is all that then why is he a "he?" Why does he have a gender?

And my second question is this: Where did you hear about this Buddha? If you didn't discover him yourself then did someone tell you about him? Did you read about him in a book?
Call me J

Sapere aude

Quan Yin

Quote from: "i_am_i"If the Buddha is all that then why is he a "he?" Why does he have a gender?

He doesn't, he's a void. That's a mental fiction. All, is mental fiction. One cannot represent the truth using only fictions, this is an approximation of the ultimate truth. Only Nirvana is objective knowledge, through experience.

QuoteAnd my second question is this: Where did you hear about this Buddha? If you didn't discover him yourself then did someone tell you about him? Did you read about him in a book?

I don't remember where I heard about him -- but I have been a vegan for three years, and vegetarian for two years prior to that, and a long standing atheist, and fan of philosophy, and science. I just kind of arbitrarily decided to begin studying the philosophy of Buddhism, it was on my too do list for sometime. I had absolutely no expectation for it to contain the ultimate truth about existence, and reality -- as well as the correct path in life to take... fictions, tethered on the only objective truth.

It explains everything.

i_am_i

Quote from: "Quan Yin"
Quote from: "i_am_i"If the Buddha is all that then why is he a "he?" Why does he have a gender?

He doesn't, he's a void. That's a mental fiction. All, is mental fiction. One cannot represent the truth using only fictions, this is an approximation of the ultimate truth. Only Nirvana is objective knowledge, through experience.

QuoteAnd my second question is this: Where did you hear about this Buddha? If you didn't discover him yourself then did someone tell you about him? Did you read about him in a book?

I don't remember where I heard about him -- but I have been a vegan for three years, and vegetarian for two years prior to that, and a long standing atheist, and fan of philosophy, and science. I just kind of arbitrarily decided to begin studying the philosophy of Buddhism, it was on my too do list for sometime. I had absolutely no expectation for it to contain the ultimate truth about existence, and reality -- as well as the correct path in life to take... fictions, tethered on the only objective truth.

It explains everything.

Well, here's what I think. I think all this Buddha balderdash of yours is a mental fiction. But hey, welcome to the forum!
Call me J

Sapere aude

hackenslash

Woohoo! He said 'quantum' :bananacolor:

What do I win?

Ready to be schooled on quantum mechanics now, the way Deepity Chopra was by Leonard Mlodinow?
There is no more formidable or insuperable barrier to knowledge than the certainty you already possess it.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "Quan Yin"You, don't think.
Wrong emphasis.  Now, explain how I think.  I've emphasized the key points on which you should focus.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Whitney

I don't see how a being can be one with a void nor how a void can contain something like existence even in the sense of it creating the illusion of existence.

Not to mention that even claiming that reality as an illusion takes a greater leap of faith than simply assuming that reality is, well, reality.

hackenslash

Quote from: "Whitney"I don't see how a being can be one with a void nor how a void can contain something like existence even in the sense of it creating the illusion of existence.

Spot on!

QuoteNot to mention that even claiming that reality as an illusion takes a greater leap of faith than simply assuming that reality is, well, reality.

The refutation of solipsism in a nutshell. Even the illusion requires that something is real, or what is it that's experiencing the illusion?

Martin TK

You know for not being, and only being a void and a mind fiction - this toothache I have is a bitch of a NOTHING... how do I experience this pain in void of nothing, and if it's all mental fiction, then how the hell do I stop having this mental fiction and make my noexistent tooth ache STOP? :brick:
"Ever since the 19th Century, Theologians have made an overwhelming case that the gospels are NOT reliable accounts of what happened in the history of the real world"   Richard Dawkins - The God Delusion