News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

All is void.

Started by Quan Yin, September 19, 2010, 10:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quan Yin

In this thread I will philosophically demonstrate, that all is empty, and void. The whole of existence is predicated on the Cartesian presumption cogito, ergo, sum: I think, therefore I am. All existence is predicated on I think, therefore I am. The Buddha, is however able to draw a unique inference, that Descartes is not. He has experienced Nirvana, the blowing-out. The suspending of subjectivity. Lack of self -- he awakens. From this, the Buddha knows because he has experienced, that he doesn't think and therefore, is not. The Buddha is above the gods, because he suspends all mental fictions, and the duality between subjectivity, and objectivity melts away, the Buddha witnesses the void, and they become one, reality awakens from the illusion, and glimpses itself, and it is void. The Buddha is the only thing that is permanent, and the only thing that exists, because he is the void. He is the ultimate awareness of himself, and thus reality, because there is no duality, and knowing one, necessarily leads to knowing the other.

There is no death, because there is no life -- all of the necessary components for the "mind" to sustain permanents from one moment to the next are mental fictions, objects of perception. The mind no more dies upon the ceasing of the function of the body, than it dies from one moment to the next. Reincarnation, is the actualization of subjective phenomena again. We are all one, and we are all the void. Existence is an illusion, generated by perception, which itself is part of the illusion as "perception" is a mental fiction, and all mental fictions do not exist. When the Buddha achieved Nirvana, and tripped away the duality of subjectivity, and objectivity, and become one with the void, he realized that the mind is self-initiated, self-perceived, and self-contained. It isn't real.

Objects of perception are unthinkable in absence of the perceiving mind, because of the nature of perception, it is fractured, split images, taken almost like a camera, and we interpret a type of picture show. This gives the illusion of solidity, form, substance, and non-contingency. In actuality, all of existence can be represented as spikes of broken-symmetry, in a sea of fluctuating potentiality, in a void. All is void.
“All the people will not experience the love energy in the same way. Some will be comforted. Some will be changed. And some will be confused and even angry.” -Quan Yin

curiosityandthecat

-Curio

Quan Yin

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Hi, Wosret.  :cool:

Yup, also Wosret on the Philosophy forum there. Using the same Avatar, signature, and everything.

Am I not allowed to be members of both at the same time? Or are you just letting me know that you are a fan?

All of my arguments are all still unique to me.
“All the people will not experience the love energy in the same way. Some will be comforted. Some will be changed. And some will be confused and even angry.” -Quan Yin

i_am_i

Quote from: "Quan Yin"The Buddha is the only thing that is permanent, and the only thing that exists, because he is the void.

What about the love energy? Does that exist?
Call me J

Sapere aude

Quan Yin

Quote from: "i_am_i"
Quote from: "Quan Yin"The Buddha is the only thing that is permanent, and the only thing that exists, because he is the void.

What about the love energy? Does that exist?

It's a mental fiction -- but it is a mental fiction that leads to the path to enlightenment, so it is objectively tethered. One ought to follow dharma, and the path to enlightenment, if they truly want to achieve objective truth, and ultimate reality. The path to enlightenment is compassion, peace, love, self-awareness, awareness of the world, and detachment. The causes of suffering are attachment, self-ignorance, anger, greed, and delusion, because they so distinctly deviate from the path to enlightenment.

The Buddha flipped everything around. People think of themselves as subjects, observing objects, but it is entirely the inverse. We are objects, observing subjectivity. Observing an illusion. Introspection becomes outrospection, and outrospection, introspection. We can understand the ultimate truth about reality by learning things about ourselves, and we can learn the ultimate truth about ourselves, by learning things about reality. Because there is no duality, all is one. The mind is an illusion, it doesn't exist. All is void.

i_am_i

Quote from: "Quan Yin"The causes of suffering are attachment, self-ignorance, anger, creed, and delusion, because they so distinctly deviate from the path to enlightenment.

Does the path to enlightenment exist?
Call me J

Sapere aude

Quan Yin

Quote from: "Quan Yin"The causes of suffering are attachment, self-ignorance, anger, creed, and delusion, because they so distinctly deviate from the path to enlightenment.

Most definitely. When one achieves the suspending of all mental fictions, and the duality between subjectivity, and objectivity melts away, they experience lack of self, the blowing-out of all cognitive facilities. The mind ceases to exist, and they awaken the void, from the illusion. They become reality, and experience the only objective truth. They escape the illusion, and see only truth. Everything else is impermanent because they are contingent on mental fictions, but the Buddha is permanent, the Buddha is eternal, and above the gods -- because he is reality itself.

One achieves enlightenment when they experience Nirvana, and understand what it means.

SSY

You did not demonstrate anything I am afraid, though your spiel certainly sounds like it would go down well after a few joints.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Dretlin

If you believe reality or our perception of it is an illusion, which I am not suggesting you do, or if you question its nature, we still have no choice but to accept it the way it is.

i_am_i

Quote from: "Quan Yin"

Most definitely. When one achieves the suspending of all mental fictions, and the duality between subjectivity, and objectivity melts away, they experience lack of self, the blowing-out of all cognitive facilities. The mind ceases to exist, and they awaken the void, from the illusion. They become reality, and experience the only objective truth. They escape the illusion, and see only truth. Everything else is impermanent because they are contingent on mental fictions, but the Buddha is permanent, the Buddha is eternal, and above the gods -- because he is reality itself.

One achieves enlightenment when they experience Nirvana, and understand what it means.

Okay, so the path to enlightenment exists, reality exists, objective truth exists, and the Buddha, of course, exists. That's four things that definitely exist. No, wait, the duality between subjectivity and objectivity exists. That's five things that exist.

(Please, no Spanish Inquisition jokes.)

Now are there any other things that exist that we need to know about before we go on, or is it only those five?
Call me J

Sapere aude

penfold

If all is void how does form arise?

Quan Yin

Quote from: "Dretlin"If you believe reality or our perception of it is an illusion, which I am not suggesting you do, or if you question its nature, we still have no choice but to accept it the way it is.

We don't know "the way it is", we only know what it appears to be, in an illusion. Only the Buddha knows the truth about reality, and himself.

The subject is not observing objective reality, objective reality is observing subjectivity. The Buddha suspends this perpetual illusory observation, and experiences direct objectivity. The Buddha knows more than anyone else about the truth about himself, and reality -- and following the dharma, and the path to enlightenment relieves all pragmatic concerns as well. It promotes peace, love, compassion for all beings, self-awareness, detachment, honesty, and knowing reality.

Quan Yin

Quote from: "penfold"If all is void how does form arise?

It's an illusion of perception, and illusions by their very nature don't exist.

penfold

QuoteIt's an illusion of perception, and illusions by their very nature don't exist.

Well then from where does illusion arise?

Void is void, what process leads us to the perception of form (illusion or otherwise)?

Quan Yin

Quote from: "i_am_i"Okay, so the path to enlightenment exists, reality exists, objective truth exists, and the Buddha, of course, exists. That's four things that definitely exist. No, wait, the duality between subjectivity and objectivity exists. That's five things that exist.

No, no. All are mental fictions, only the void exists. Nirvana is the objective experience of the void awakening, and realizing its true nature -- and the truth about its nature is an objective truth -- but all of these are also mental fictions, and don't themselves exist -- only the void exists, and the Buddha exists because he is the void.