Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Can you tell which band is which?

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20016362__20016359,00.html

I got 11 out of 11.

tacoma_kyle

1/11 haha.

I'm not from that time though.
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

donkeyhoty

9 out of 11.

I never realized how cool it is to wear a vest with no shirt and eyeliner.

Also, did you hear that christ is our savior?
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

Squid

Quote from: "donkeyhoty"Also, did you hear that christ is our savior?

What? John Christ is our savior? Cool - awesome guitarist:

Tom62

Wow, that was really difficult. I only got 4 out of 11.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

MikeyV

10/11

I feel, I don't know, dirty somehow for knowing that many poser bands.

I guess I could look at it like this: I didn't listen to any of them* and got that many right, so that's good, right?

My tastes in the 80's ran more along the lines of Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Sacred Reich, Flotsam and Jetsam (I went to school with the guys from Flotsam and Sacred Reich, the lead singer from Flotsam does tile installation with a friend of mine now...hahaha), Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Black Sabbath (the Dio and Iome years), Anthrax, Mercyful Fate (and King Diamond solo), Rush, and other assorted metal and metalish groups. I wasn't into the whole talentless hairspray bands at all. They were basically pop metal, and I can't stand pop from any genre or generation.

* Okay, I admit, I did listen to Motley Crue's first album. I did listen to Van Halen (mostly the stuff before the 1984 album). I caught Twisted Sister when the opened for Iron Maiden's Powerslave tour, and was pleasantly surprised when their act was much better than Maiden's. And, I did watch Whitesnake videos, but only 'cause I had the hots for Tawney Kitain.
Life in Lubbock, Texas taught me two things. One is that God loves
you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the
most awful, dirty thing on the face of the earth and you should save
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.

SteveS

Let's see, hair metal, remember it.  But, I was in high school in the 80's.  All I seem to remember is girls in Jordache jeans, girls in denim mini-skirts, girls in Guess jeans, girls with leg warmers, girls dressed like Madonna, girls with big plastic hoop earrings, girls with big hair.  Yep, mostly just remember girls (not that I was hooking up with them --- just sort of obsessed with them --- I only dated two girls in high school, and no, not at the same time).

I'm honestly glad I'll never have to be a teenager again -- those hormones were some powerful dope.  How was I supposed to concentrate when the girl in the next seat looked like Madonna?

MommaSquid

10/11

I missed Whitesnake.  Thanks for the fun game, Squid.

'Scuse me while I go listen to some Def Leppard...