News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Alfa Romeo has been advertising heavily on American TV.  They have lately installed a considerable number of US dealers. Those machines are snazzy looking but the older ones have questionable reliability issues. Not that the Italians are incapable of producing high quality machinery. They certainly are capable. Their peculiar union rules do get in the way of some of the quality control issues.

Guardian85

Yes, pre-2000 Alfas had quite a few reliability issues, but they have picked it up significantly since then.
Still, anything is better then my current car, which is pretty much undrivable.

Actually it is unstoppable. The brakes are leaking. :P

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Dave

Got a £70 tax refund!

OK, it was my money they overcharged me, but still nice when some comes back.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

jumbojak

I got a really good deal on an air ratchet last week. It took a while to ship, I don't think they were expecting the volume of orders they recieved, but seems to have plenty of power and isn't nearly as eardrum puncturingly loud as I was expecting. On the next dry day Ima gonna see if I can bust some knuckles with it.

Would've come in really handy last Sunday when I was helping my brother getting his log splitter going again. We gave up on using the pull starter to clear the flood and went to a drill adapter on the crank. And proceeded to break the adapter... got it going though. It was funny to see the motor keep running when he pulled the drill off!

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Sent a roughout of an idea for measuring the distortion in vision - like mine which is caused by rumples in the macula - which is difficult to measure, to the optometry dept at my local hospital.

Go the response today, there is a large, expensive and very rare device for doing this it seems, cost outweighs beneits. My idea uses "domestic" technology and, if it is feasible, therefor very cheap by comparison. They have already thought of an offshoot of the idea.

Just nice to know the old grey matter can still produce ideas that experts consider interesting.

Dave

Relaxing after my first session as a "Computer Buddy" at the library.

Russian lady who wanted to know how to make space in her phone's device memory and listen to any book from any source on her Kindle Fire or phone.

Luckily her phone was a Samsung, even if with a different version of Android from mine, so moved her "Picture" folder and some apps to the SD card, unistalled unused apps, cleared caches etc.

No free solution to audio books, paying for accounts needed. She had a Russian site that would read books, free, from their list online - but you could not download to read them offline. Not very convenient.

However, she asked if she could book me again for future advice, so I guess that I can give that session a tick!

Guardian85

Arrived at home with the new car last night. After having driven it some (600km), I like.
Having just stood back and looked at it, I love!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 13, 2017, 10:20:30 AM
Arrived at home with the new car last night.

It's looking at me funny.
I don't think it likes me.

It couldn't have possibly heard me say it had little Shrek like ears.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Guardian85

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 13, 2017, 10:51:40 AM

Yes. She looks a little mean at first glance, but really she's sweet as sugar.

-Unknown Smartass-

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 13, 2017, 10:56:17 AM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 13, 2017, 10:51:40 AM

It couldn't have possibly heard me say it had little Shrek like ears.

Yes. She looks a little mean at first glance, but really she's sweet as sugar.

Of course she is and may you both be happy.
And anyway I like Shrek and his ears too.

How's the beer production going?

Guardian85

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 13, 2017, 11:04:19 AM
The Yule ale came out okay...ish. Used a bit too much anise, which overpowered the cinnamon and nutmeg. But still drinkable.

Set a brown ale as well, just in case the yule ale went wrong, and it came out fine.

-Unknown Smartass-

Dragonia

Guardian, I like your car! It's a sexy beast. Hopefully she's wearing good snow tires!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Dragonia on December 13, 2017, 12:40:28 PM
QuoteBe kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

No that was Bob, holding his just broken nose, outside the fish'n chip shop last Friday.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 13, 2017, 12:30:22 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 13, 2017, 11:04:19 AM
The Yule ale came out okay...ish. Used a bit too much anise, which overpowered the cinnamon and nutmeg. But still drinkable.

Set a brown ale as well, just in case the yule ale went wrong, and it came out fine.

Do you think they would have benefited from more time?