News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

My girls are home from Europe safely, sights seen, world championship won.
Not baby sitting dogs any more, I won't miss them, well maybe a little bit.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 11, 2017, 09:51:40 AM
My girls are home from Europe safely, sights seen, world championship won.
Not baby sitting dogs any more, I won't miss them, well maybe a little bit.
:lol:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Finally I got around to adding all my e-books and audio books to my Library Thing list. I have a total of 2,020 books of which 594 are ebooks and 417 are audiobooks. The rest (1,009) are physical books. We are not going to discuss how many of them I haven't read yet.  :grin:

Getting them all organized on Library Thing had made me very happy.  :frolic:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

^^^ your inner geek is redeemed.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on October 29, 2017, 09:06:25 AM
Finally I got around to adding all my e-books and audio books to my Library Thing list. I have a total of 2,020 books of which 594 are ebooks and 417 are audiobooks. The rest (1,009) are physical books. We are not going to discuss how many of them I haven't read yet.  :grin:

I am in awe and deeply envious.   :not worthy:
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 29, 2017, 10:37:32 PM
Quote from: Velma on October 29, 2017, 09:06:25 AM

I am in awe and deeply envious.   :not worthy:
It was past time to have everything listed in one place. At least one area of my life is organized.  ;D
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on October 30, 2017, 01:57:51 AM
It was past time to have everything listed in one place. At least one area of my life is organized.  ;D

I love LibraryThing.  I tried Goodreads for awhile but it just wasn't user friendly (or I was site incompetent).
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 30, 2017, 07:32:21 AM
Quote from: Velma on October 30, 2017, 01:57:51 AM

I love LibraryThing.  I tried Goodreads for awhile but it just wasn't user friendly (or I was site incompetent).
Goodreads is not as user friendly if you are wanting to get your books cataloged and be able to sort them using various criteria. It is good if all you want to to keep track of what you have read.

xSilverPhinx

Tomorrow's the day of the dead! Or something...a holiday!  :dance:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Guardian85

So, it seems the military wasn't quite done with me yet. I was just inducted into the National Guard reserves.

Basically just means that I have to go in once or twice a year to practice soldiering for a couple of days. But I like that sort of thing!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Dave

Imposing, G85.

Er, why are vacuum cleaning your boots? Too much athlete's foot powder?

:grin:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Guardian85 on November 02, 2017, 12:23:46 PM
Basically just means that I have to go in once or twice a year to practice soldiering for a couple of days. But I like that sort of thing!

Ha, on first reading that, I read it as "soldering on for a few days". I concluded that you were in the electronics corps.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

After the cataract op on my right eye a month ago I passed the hospital eye test for driving today. New glasses ordered.

:heyhey:

(But see companion post in Grumpy thread.)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Guardian85 on November 02, 2017, 12:23:46 PM
So, it seems the military wasn't quite done with me yet. I was just inducted into the National Guard reserves.

Going to need a shave! :o
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on November 03, 2017, 03:21:12 PM
After the cataract op on my right eye a month ago I passed the hospital eye test for driving today. New glasses ordered.

:heyhey:

(But see companion post in Grumpy thread.)

Good news. Congratulations.
:boaterhat:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames