News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Creationist exhibit at Giant's Causeway

Started by curiosityandthecat, June 11, 2010, 03:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curiosityandthecat

A Christian group wants to place an exhibit on the creationist theory at the Giant's Causeway.  :|

Quote from: "BBC News"Call for creationism exhibit at Giant's Causeway

A Christian group has said it wants the creationist theory reflected at the planned Giant's Causeway Visitors Centre.

The Caleb Foundation said it wanted equal prominence for its religious viewpoint.

Last month, it emerged that the Culture Minister Nelson McCausland had written to museum officials arguing for greater prominence for creationism.

An SDLP MLA said such an exhibition at the Causeway would be "inappropriate".

Full article.
-Curio

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tanker

Next they're going to want an exibit at the Grand Canyon visitors center to also to give equal time to the creationist terory that it was all caused during the flood. If the creationists want a part in the exibit the should be given the option of wearing comlimetary earplugs and sleep masks so they don't have use their own effert to close thier eyes tight, put their fingers in their ears and go "LA LA LA LA LA LA" since that's what they're going to do anyway.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Tank

Quote from: "Tanker"Next they're going to want an exibit at the Grand Canyon visitors center to also to give equal time to the creationist terory that it was all caused during the flood. If the creationists want a part in the exibit the should be given the option of wearing comlimetary earplugs and sleep masks so they don't have use their own effert to close thier eyes tight, put their fingers in their ears and go "LA LA LA LA LA LA" since that's what they're going to do anyway.
They tried to do that and were polity told to 'Shove it where the sun don't shine!'  :D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Squid

Quote from: "Tanker"Next they're going to want an exibit at the Grand Canyon visitors center to also to give equal time to the creationist terory that it was all caused during the flood. If the creationists want a part in the exibit the should be given the option of wearing comlimetary earplugs and sleep masks so they don't have use their own effert to close thier eyes tight, put their fingers in their ears and go "LA LA LA LA LA LA" since that's what they're going to do anyway.

I think if creationists are given "equal time" then so should the Bunyanists as they have the same amount of evidence to support their "theories".

Sophus

Almost too afraid to ask: What are the chances they have any real influence in this?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Tank

Quote from: "Sophus"Almost too afraid to ask: What are the chances they have any real influence in this?
Ireland is a very religious country but I couldn't put odds on it.