News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Critical analysis of kent hovind

Started by Nergel, April 16, 2007, 07:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nergel

A user on youtube called Extantdodo from talkorigins made videos where he shows the flaws in creation science. I enjoyed it very much and found it enlightening, so I was wondering: are there more videos like these?

Whitney

Do you have the links o Extantdodo's vids, I haven't seen them.  I've also found videos debunking ID are few and far between....other than video responses to some of the stuff the creation 'scientists' produce.

Nergel

www.youtube.com/user/extantdodo
He has pretty good videos, he does the biggest service for humanity

Whitney

Quote from: "Nergel"www.youtube.com/user/extantdodo
He has pretty good videos, he does the biggest service for humanity

Thanks, I'll have to watch them when I have more than a few minutes to sit around.

skeptigirl

There is no such thing as Creation science. There is a Creation myth and there is science.

I can't find another thread on the Creation Museum of Mr Ham so this looks like as good a place as any to post the Pharyngula page in response to Ken's new propaganda palace.

Pharyngula collection of blog entries on the Creation museum.

For those not familiar with Pharyngula, it is an excellent science blog.

edit - my bad, got Ham and Hovind mixed up for a second. Theists all look alike, don't they?

skeptigirl

That's a decent video, Nergel. So I take it you are not an atheist but you do understand science?

Or do I have it all wrong?

SteveS

I looked up the Wiki page on this dude --- did you guys know he tried to avoid paying income tax because he claimed all his income & possessions belonged to god?

Seriously, if that worked, it'd be the best ever reason to join a church that I've ever heard of........

Squid

Quote from: "SteveS"I looked up the Wiki page on this dude --- did you guys know he tried to avoid paying income tax because he claimed all his income & possessions belonged to god?

Seriously, if that worked, it'd be the best ever reason to join a church that I've ever heard of........

Yep and that's why he's in jail.  I guess he forgot the whole "render unto Caesar" thing.

SteveS

Quote from: "Squid"Yep and that's why he's in jail. I guess he forgot the whole "render unto Caesar" thing.
Haha!  I'll try not to spend too much time feeling bad for him...

lafilip

I guess even god couldn't save him from the IRS

SteveS

Haha!  I'll bet Satan could have, though.  Unless the IRS is run by Satan....

McQ

Quote from: "SteveS"Haha!  I'll bet Satan could have, though.  Unless the IRS is run by Satan....

I think maybe the IRS runs Satan.  :evil:
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

MikeyV

No, no, no...the IRS == Satan. See...even the initials give it away:

I R SATAN !!11!!ONE!ELEVENTY1
Life in Lubbock, Texas taught me two things. One is that God loves
you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the
most awful, dirty thing on the face of the earth and you should save
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.

Steve Reason

Kent Hovind, other that being Big Bubba's man meat, is a complete idiot. Back in my old earth creationist days, I was a big fan of a guy named Dr. Hugh Ross. He is an old earth creationist astrophysicist, and pretty bright despite what he ultimately believes. Kent Hovind and his ilk, absolutely despise Dr. Ross and treat him like dirt. Hovind has no class and is a huckster that preys on the ignorant.

Ross is the kind of guy that Christians should flock to, because he doesn't sound nearly as foolish as Hovind et al. I read Ross' books when I was holding onto the concept of a god with my fingernails. Reading his books is a good place for Christians to start using their brains-- which is maybe why he is feared so much.
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/