News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Hey everybody!

Started by skwurll, March 12, 2010, 02:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skwurll

As you may have noticed, this is my introduction thread! I'll admit I found this site by a quick google of "Atheist Forums", and this site seemed to be the best option. I especially liked the part that reads "It is our goal to help dissolve negative stereotypes currently held towards atheists and facilitate productive dialogue with those of differing viewpoints." because all the other forums I checked out were more or less flaming religious people. I was raised religious, and because of that I know that not all religious people are crazy freaks, and this site seems to understand that. I joined because I think that there might be an opportunity for me to have an intelligent conversation with others of similar opinion here.

Also, this forum has the best smilies.  :yay:

Rereading this, I noticed I didn't make it clear before. I am an atheist, I was just raised in a very religious home.

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum!   :welcome:
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

elliebean

Hi Skwurll! Welcome to the forum.  :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Whitney

welcome to HAF.

We do try to be nice to our religious visitors...some of them do make it kinda hard though.