News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

For Recusant And Others Legally Inclined

Started by RyanL, January 10, 2010, 08:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanL

I posted this on the internet and I'd like to know what atheists think about the point I'm making. And do you think the idea of a conservative Christian president refusing to execute court orders when he disagrees morally is frightening?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPliHoUoRHw

[youtube:191ahcm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPliHoUoRHw[/youtube:191ahcm0]

I included the link in case anyone wants to comment on the video itself

Whitney

Quote from: "RyanL"And do you think the idea of a conservative Christian president refusing to execute court orders when he disagrees morally is frightening?

Yes it is, not only because a president is to uphold the constitution of the US (which is what court orders are intended to do) but also because if a president were to decide not to do something soley on moral grounds what's to keep him/her from deciding to do something soley on moral grounds....like if they got it in their head that the leader of Canada was the true anti-christ and that it was morally necessary to oppose him (presidents can give orders to occupy, they just can't declare war).

RyanL

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "RyanL"And do you think the idea of a conservative Christian president refusing to execute court orders when he disagrees morally is frightening?

Yes it is, not only because a president is to uphold the constitution of the US (which is what court orders are intended to do) but also because if a president were to decide not to do something soley on moral grounds what's to keep him/her from deciding to do something soley on moral grounds....like if they got it in their head that the leader of Canada was the true anti-christ and that it was morally necessary to oppose him (presidents can give orders to occupy, they just can't declare war).

Good point.

Also, if the leaders decide to ignore the system of government from which their powers derive, is it not also a coup?

Jolly Sapper