Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

How Long Will You Live?

Started by MommaSquid, March 05, 2007, 08:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MommaSquid

Longevity Calculator:

http://www.livingto100.com/calculator

The USA Weekend insert in my Sunday paper (3/4/07) featured a special report about longevity.  Follow the above link to the online test to see how long you may live.  

My result was 78.     :shock:

(Damn, that's old!)

MrE2Me

82 years for me.  Long enough to witness the rapture firsthand!  :p
[size=92]I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. - Stephen Roberts[/size]

Whitney

I got 82 as well...although I couldn't fill out the family history part b/c I was adopted

Simoli

77 for me.  That would be an improvement for the men in my family.

McQ

75!!!???

Are they kidding? Damn, that sucks. Looks like I'll have to spend less time on this computer and more time outside, getting fresh air and exercise.

Or maybe just up my intake of single malt whiskey a notch or two!

Thanks for sharing this depressing news with us MommaSquid!  :shock:
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Squid

Hmm, I got 88 - cool.

Tom62

According to the test, I should already be dead :lol:, just kiddin' I got 96.

This test reminded me of a very old joke: A man goes to his docter for an examination. After the tests the doctor says "I've got very bad news for you, you've got only 3 months to live". "Ahh.., doctor, isn't there anything that I can do about it?" "Well", says the doctor, "You should stop smoking, stop drinking, stop eating fast food and stop having sex". "Will I then live longer, doctor?" "No of course not, but it will appear to be much longer"
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

brainshmain

94... damn.  I think it's higher because I don't eat meat and excersize a lot.  It would probably be higher if I got more sleep and was less stressed.

MommaSquid

I'd choose sitting on my fat butt and eating a steak over living to be 100 any day of the week.  But that's just me.

Anyone want dessert?

starelda

I got 89.

Shalo'zier

^__^

WAY more then I expected (42).
Join The Hallway, and enjoy the most random place this side of the Transformer Fanlisting site.

Squid

I went back and did this thing again since I've changed a few things like my diet and I'm exercising more and apparently (well, according to this thing anyway) I have added 11 years to my life expectancy, it's now 99 years old.

Simone

96! Hmm... now who would of guessed...
Ugh...ima back.

SteveS

Yeah, mine was 75, although I expect that to be B.S.  I really don't think I'll live that long.  I'm not pessimistic or depressed about it or anything, I just don't realistically see myself lasting to that age.
Enjoy it while it lasts - cheers all!  :cheers:

McQ

Quote from: "SteveS"Yeah, mine was 75, although I expect that to be B.S.  I really don't think I'll live that long.  I'm not pessimistic or depressed about it or anything, I just don't realistically see myself lasting to that age.
Enjoy it while it lasts - cheers all!  :cheers:

You and me both, Steve. Live fast, die young and leave a bloated, liver impaired corpse. Or something like that. :D

My younger days spent as a crash test dummy/stunt dufus have pretty much predetermined my shortened life span. However, I am not bummed, because my list of things to do before I die has lots of check marks on it. I am a little bummed that the whole, "Editor-in-chief of Playboy" job is already taken though. Bastard Hef!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette