News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Research Project via Online

Started by Clover, November 27, 2009, 04:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clover

I am starting a Research Project. The project is on the Roman Catholic Church. The hope is to gather information (heavy amounts I assure you) on the more "dark" sides of the RCC. This isn't to dis-credit the Roman Catholic Church. It is to make a project, and publish the project on times in history when the RCC was linked, or directly involved, in sad events. If you wish to join me in this project, pm me. I will send you a link to my email (it is not the same I registered on, this other one is much better for large emails/info), and soon I will have a forum up for this team.

I do not want any religious bashers' in this, I want dedicated researchers who can help me find the information we would want to put in this Article.

Will

Are we talking about things like the sexual abuse of minors by clergy, helping to spread AIDS by saying wearing a condom is a sin, and threatening to pull social programs from areas that allow gay marriage, or are we talking more generally?
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Clover

I am talking more...ancient. The Templar Knight Massacre for instance, Joan Arc Burning, ect ect, but some of them, could be put into the Article, but I am referring more to crimes committed, where they denied their involvement, then later on, re-instated their involvment by saying the subject was cleared through Purgatory, or such.

Will

Quote from: "Clover"I am talking more...ancient. The Templar Knight Massacre for instance, Joan Arc Burning, ect ect, but some of them, could be put into the Article, but I am referring more to crimes committed, where they denied their involvement, then later on, re-instated their involvment by saying the subject was cleared through Purgatory, or such.
Ah. I'm not even sure where to start for such a project. My own knowledge of the Roman Catholic Church isn't particularly impressive, as I was raised Lutheran. I suspect there's a list somewhere of horrible things the Church has confessed under some religious cheat, but I've been googling for the past few minutes and can't find anything. And I'm pretty good at googling.

It seems like an interesting project, though.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Clover

Well, this research project would also involve me going to a few Catholic Churches, discussing history with priests (respectful) and also going to many libraries and such. This is more of a "quest" for me, I want to show people the real truth. Not just "the RCC is evil" crap. I do not really care how it comes out, I just want it to come out.

I was raised Southern Baptist, but I left my "faith" over 1 1/2 years ago, and I have learned more in the past 6 months, then I ever did as a Baptist.

McQ

Quote from: "Clover"Well, this research project would also involve me going to a few Catholic Churches, discussing history with priests (respectful) and also going to many libraries and such. This is more of a "quest" for me, I want to show people the real truth. Not just "the RCC is evil" crap. I do not really care how it comes out, I just want it to come out.

I was raised Southern Baptist, but I left my "faith" over 1 1/2 years ago, and I have learned more in the past 6 months, then I ever did as a Baptist.

You need to head right to a Catholic University. At just about any one of them, you will find a trove of sources and people who will help you with this, and you will get the correct information, rather than the individual beliefs of different Catholics. Seriously, you won't find a better place for this information. I was born and reared RC and I couldn't give you this information because I know too little of it.

Good luck
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Clover

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "Clover"Well, this research project would also involve me going to a few Catholic Churches, discussing history with priests (respectful) and also going to many libraries and such. This is more of a "quest" for me, I want to show people the real truth. Not just "the RCC is evil" crap. I do not really care how it comes out, I just want it to come out.

You need to head right to a Catholic University. At just about any one of them, you will find a trove of sources and people who will help you with this, and you will get the correct information, rather than the individual beliefs of different Catholics. Seriously, you won't find a better place for this information. I was born and reared RC and I couldn't give you this information because I know too little of it.

Good luck

I have not the ability to go to one. I am stuck within a 50 mile distance of my farm to travel. This covers only about 3 Catholic Churches, and 1 University. That of which is not Catholic.

I am not seeking their beliefs, only their actions. I believe the very best place to go would be the Library of Congress, but I only dream of being able to research at the Vatican Library.