News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Only ONE God

Started by Asmodean Prime, February 18, 2007, 01:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean Prime

Go to hell motherfuckers!!!!!! I rebuke you all in the name of Jesus Christ, the son of God..There is only ONE God and that is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob!

P.S. - Have fun FRYING in the lake of fire!

User192021

Dude, if you're going to troll, at least get creative.

Squid

Quote from: "christianman"Go to hell motherfuckers!!!!!! I rebuke you all in the name of Jesus Christ, the son of God..There is only ONE God and that is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob!

How very Christian of you.

McQ

Welcome to the forum, christianman. Thanks for the rebuke. I have a question. Do I have to actually sit IN the Lake of Fire, or can I just rent a small villa on the shore. I ask because my doctor told me not to get too much sun and I figure brimstone is a lot like the sun, so I don't think I should spend too much time in the lake itself.

Do you know of anything with a wide veranda and some Adirondack chairs? Oh, and an eastern exposure, if possible. A/C would be nice, but not an absolute necessity. Cable TV is important too, because I get bored easily. And maid service. I have to have maid service! Clean linen once a week, twice if possible.

Can you help me out with any of this? You must have some connections or know somebody who can pull some strings.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

MrE2Me

Yes, that attitude sure makes me wish I was a part of the religion that sponsors it.  Your smooth-talking ways have won me over!  I rebuke myself!  etc...
[size=92]I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. - Stephen Roberts[/size]

Amor Fati

I wonder if the lake of fire has decent waves.  As long as I'm buring, i might as well be boogyboarding it.

donkeyhoty

I hear the lake of fire has one hell of a view.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

ImpaledSkier

"Where do bad folks go when they die?
They dont go to heaven where the angels fly
They go down to the lake of fire and fry
Wont see them again till the fourth of july"
-Meat Puppets
"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die, it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive. So live for the moment." -The Spill Canvas

Tom62

Quote from: "christianman"P.S. - Have fun FRYING in the lake of fire!

I'll bring the steaks, who will bring the beer?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Will

I've been to Hell, it's in Missouri. It's not so bad. No lakes of fire, nice people, better weather than St. Louis.

Militant Christians, or Christians who resort to violence, anger and hatred in order to either force their beliefs on others or mistreat those who don't believe, ignore the teachings of Jesus Christ and would thus be going to hell....so see you there!! Funny how the faithful don't know their book as well as atheists.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Kestrel

Quote from: "Willravel"Funny how the faithful don't know their book as well as atheists.

That being said, hop over HERE where we can continue our discussion.  :wink:
The thing that I call living is just being satisfied, with knowing I've got no one left to blame. - Gordon Lightfoot

Whitney

Quote from: "christianman"Go to hell motherfuckers!!!!!! I rebuke you all in the name of Jesus Christ, the son of God..There is only ONE God and that is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob!

What a lovely Christian message...."motherfuckers" was especially in line with the teachings of Jesus; if he existed he'd be so very proud of you.

BGMA

Hmmm, why do you reject all *other* gods, but not your own?  Aren't all other gods just as plausible?  Weren't the adherents of Mithras or Zeus or Allah taught such beliefs as small children by their parents?  Don't they have ancient books that relate tales regarding such deities?

It sounds like the reason your god gets preference over theirs is because that's the one *you* learned as a small child.

To paraphrase:  We are both alike, we both reject thousands of tales of gods as being silly and not founded on reason.  I just reject one more than you do.

MommaSquid

Trojan Man!

Sorry, but that's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw christianman's name.

Then I read his post...

Sophia

rebuke- verb- "to scold in a sharp way, reprimand.

Ooh I've been scolded. Slap my hand and send me to bed without that crappy meatloaf. PLEASE!
"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground." from Small Gods by Terry Pratchett