News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Prepare to be disgusted

Started by User192021, February 15, 2007, 11:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Quote from: "Willravel"
Quote from: "McQ"Good thoughts there Will, but one of the problems I encounter is a trap that you may be dancing very near. That is the grouping together of Evolution with the origin of the universe. They shouldn't even be talked about in the same sentence, paragraph, book, whatever. They have nothing to do with one another.
QuoteThey do in that they are both theories in science, which is what they seem to be resisting on both fronts. While evolution doesn't really have much to do with the Big Bang or what have you, they are both an 'affront to god' somehow, just because they're not mentioned in a really old book of myths. So when I engage them, I will on the two fronts they've decided to attack reason and science. I'd never throw them in the same ring together any more than I'd throw in genetics with astrophysics. So I understand and agree with you completely, but sometimes you have to speak on someone's level to get through to him or her.

I see your point there. It's important to make sure the IDers and creationists separate them, because they seldom seem to do so. Very frustrating, along with the notion that atheism and Darwinian theory go hand in hand.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Eclecticsaturn

this is just straight up disgusting.

Big Mac

Well at least we'll have a batch of people who will mix our concrete and pump our gas and make sure our fries and pizzas are popping hot while we work on progressing mankind to an age of reason.

This is the best song EVER!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w1XqZYRyaqU& ... ed&search=
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?