News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

New show on TV about a family tree?

Started by ACSlater, September 02, 2009, 06:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACSlater

I keep catching advertisements about a show that will look at the DNA of people across the world and show that we're all not as unrelated as we might think we are. I can't find a title or channel. The premise sounds a lot better than what I put it, but I can't seem to google the right combination of words to get a successful hit. It may air on the Discovery Channel or a similar station, but has anyone else heard about it?

MariaEvri

take a look at the national genographic project
and also send your own samples if you want. The results are very interesting :)
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

iNow

Quote from: "ACSlater"I keep catching advertisements about a show that will look at the DNA of people across the world and show that we're all not as unrelated as we might think we are. I can't find a title or channel.

<...>

has anyone else heard about it?
It's the National Geographic channel.  I recorded it the other night, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet, so cannot comment about it.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/c ... amily-tree

ACSlater

Quote from: "iNow"
Quote from: "ACSlater"I keep catching advertisements about a show that will look at the DNA of people across the world and show that we're all not as unrelated as we might think we are. I can't find a title or channel.

<...>

has anyone else heard about it?
It's the National Geographic channel.  I recorded it the other night, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet, so cannot comment about it.

Thanks so much!

curiosityandthecat

I participated in the National Genographic project. :) It was neat. Ghenghis Khan was a piiiiimp, apparently.
-Curio

ACSlater

The Genographic Project has sparked some curiosity indeed. I've always been curious about my roots.

If I read correctly, the results will be released publicly after peer review. Still, something I wouldn't object to participating in.

MariaEvri

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"I participated in the National Genographic project. :D
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

iNow

Quote from: "iNow"I recorded it the other night, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet, so cannot comment about it.

I just watched the program.  It was really quite cool.  It really gives a sense of depth about the human species, and I found it fascinating how consistently they tied climate changes in with the various migrations and shifts in population centers.  It was a well done combination of genetics, archeology, and geology.  Good stuff.   :)