Author Topic: What are the User Ranks?  (Read 4438 times)

Recusant

• Miscreant Erendrake
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Reason
  • infidel barbarian
Re: What are the User Ranks?
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2017, 01:15:59 PM »
However I think that 5000 is a good spot for "Guardian of Reason." ;D

Do you think that because it's the group you're currently in? :P

No. In fact I'm not particularly fond of that user rank, but 5,000 is a sort of landmark and "Guardian" implies a solid position in the community. If a better user rank is proposed for 5,000, I'd have no objections to changing it and moving "Guardian of Reason" up on the list.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • Global Moderator
  • The Cure for Boredom is Curiosity. There is No Cure For Curiosity.
  • On The Warpath
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2017, 01:53:50 PM »

No. In fact I'm not particularly fond of that user rank, but 5,000 is a sort of landmark and "Guardian" implies a solid position in the community. If a better user rank is proposed for 5,000, I'd have no objections to changing it and moving "Guardian of Reason" up on the list.

I was joking there. :sidesmile: ;)

The way I see it, there is a certain arrogant streak to the rank "Guardian of Reason", but I like it. It's like one of those badges you want to wear, even if you aren't always reasonable.  :shifty:
I'm just a student of the game that they taught me.

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
  • Has Finally Learned to Not Feed The Trolls
  • Angry hippies need to smoke cheap weed.
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2017, 01:55:40 PM »

The way I see it, there is a certain arrogant streak to the rank "Guardian of Reason", but I like it. It's like one of those badges you want to wear, even if you aren't always reasonable.  :shifty:
:computerwave:
Yes, that's me.

“I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe.” ~Recusant

"Color me fascinated..." ~Asmodean, The Gray God.

Recusant

• Miscreant Erendrake
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Reason
  • infidel barbarian
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2017, 02:51:43 PM »

Yep, I got the humor there, and should have added a smiley before my reply.  ;)  You've also put your finger on the reason for my feelings about my current user rank.  :cheers:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

• The wise one.
  • Blessing Her Holy Hooves
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2017, 03:00:56 PM »
Recusant, your current Avatar is appropriate.  You input does remind me of the many insightful pronouncements of Isaac Assimov.

Recusant

• Miscreant Erendrake
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Reason
  • infidel barbarian
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2017, 03:20:14 PM »
Recusant, your current Avatar is appropriate.  You input does remind me of the many insightful pronouncements of Isaac Assimov.

You flatter me overmuch, Icarus, but I thank you.  :embarrassed:

I've been an admirer of Asimov since my childhood, and today is one of the days that I celebrate his birthday. Nobody knows precisely on which date he was born, but October 4 is one, January 2 the other.
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • Global Moderator
  • The Cure for Boredom is Curiosity. There is No Cure For Curiosity.
  • On The Warpath
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2017, 05:06:45 PM »

Yep, I got the humor there, and should have added a smiley before my reply.  ;)  You've also put your finger on the reason for my feelings about my current user rank.  :cheers:

:whew: For a moment there I thought you thought I was being serious.
I'm just a student of the game that they taught me.