News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Another survivor stumbles out of the surf and onto the beach

Started by dr.zalost, January 01, 2009, 05:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr.zalost

Greetings from the deep south.

After 2 decades of anguish I forced myself to admit that there was no god.
It was a happy day in the midst of watching a parent slowly die and several other life changes.
That was 5 years ago and my anti-theistic views have earned me several adventures with
both friends and co-workers since then.

I hope my initial impression of this forum proves true: Laid back but not disdainful of intellectual
conversation, kind to respectful theists  but not unbearably so.

McQ

Glad to have you here and welcome! We strive to make this a place where we do show respect to all people, but still say what we believe. Hopefully, we will continue to do a good job of it.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

rlrose328

Welcome!  You have found a great place for intellectual and waste-of-time conversation both.  Respect is in full supply as well.  :-)  Have fun here!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

curiosityandthecat

Glad you've (intellectually, at least) found your way out of the mire that is the South. Welcome!
-Curio

Wechtlein Uns

"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

thirteen31