News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

A really big Cross

Started by Whitney, September 22, 2006, 05:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

Below is a picture of what is claimed to be the largest cross in the western hemisphere.  It's located somewhere near the Texas Panhandle and the picture was taken about 2 years ago when I saw it on my way to Colorado.  It is so huge that I just had to stop to take a picture (which was even more interesting since I had to avoid the minister in the process, he was walking the grounds talking to visitors, since I wasn't in the mood to put up with that kind of thing).  Anyway, I came across the picture while trying to compile my projects to create a portfolio and thought some of the members here would get a kick out of it (or be pissed that so much money was wasted on something so pointless).

Big Mac

Round Rock and up is the shittiest part of Texas. I think we should bomb it to hell.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Tom62

I wonder who they want to nail on that pathetic thing.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Big Mac

You know, we should have a religion devoted to the French Royalty/Aristocracy that was beheaded about 200 years ago. In fact, I say we should wear the guilliotine around our necks just as Christians wear the cross. Ours is not as barbaric because it's a quick and clean kill instead of tortous ordeal that lasts days.

imrational

I actually like the guilliotine idea, except that it was used during "the age of enlightenment".

How about a hemlock leaf or berries?  It was good enough for Socrates.

Big Mac

But you just answered your own question retroactively....."The Age of Enlightment" is most fitting for us.....is it not?

Tom62

Why don't we invent a religion where the Jebus figure was drowned. Could be loads of fun to watch people wearing aquariums around their necks.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Big Mac

Or how about a religion around guns? We could have a necklace to each gun we worship. I got Kalash, the mighty Russian......he can topple little ethiopian children and stuff......

Tom62

Oh Lord won't you buy me a nice machine gun.
A Patriot Ordnance, well that would be fun.
Even an FN F2000 would give me much thrill.
As long as are fundies there for me to kill. :hail:
Robert A. Heinlein

Big Mac

Nice, very nice. Might as well cut to the chase with religion and get to the violent crusades part, right?

Tom62

Yeah! Just like the good old Albigensian Crusades. Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.
Robert A. Heinlein