News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Does/Can Logic prove/disprove God?

Started by Messenger, November 26, 2008, 08:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowmore

Quote from: "Messenger"
QuoteI'll reject the premise that nothing comes from nothing/everything needs a cause, until you've been able to 1: understand my objection, 2: fix your argument accordingly
Maybe I don't understand what do you mean
But I proved that, your objection was "Mathematics does not depict reality"
Then sorry my proof is not for you, my proof is for people who accept logic and can use mathematics to depict realty and even logical imaginations as well

Nope that was not my objection. (if that was my objection you could not fix your argument)

BTW : I do accept logic and mathematics to describe reality, although I would never claim this yields absolute knowledge.
"Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people."

House M.D.

Messenger

Quote from: "bowmore"Nope that was not my objection. (if that was my objection you could not fix your argument)
So what are your objections? and on what?

QuoteBTW : I do accept logic and mathematics to describe reality, although I would never claim this yields absolute knowledge.
Logic can prove many things!

bowmore

Quote from: "bowmore"Nope that was not my objection. (if that was my objection you could not fix your argument)
So what are your objections? and on what?

That's just it. If you'd have read my posts and tried to understand what I was saying, instead of declaring your 'truth', you'd know by now.

I am not going to repeat myself all over again. I invite you to read what I have posted so far, and prove you at least understand my main objection.

Until that time, progress is impossible.
"Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people."

House M.D.

VanReal

This doesn't seem to be using any actual mathematical logic.  Logic is typically well established with proposition statements and truths, none of the original posts seem to be following any logical pattern that would lead to any answer.
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

Messenger

Quote from: "VanReal"This doesn't seem to be using any actual mathematical logic.  Logic is typically well established with proposition statements and truths, none of the original posts seem to be following any logical pattern that would lead to any answer.
At least, I can address people who accept a cause for every event

For others, too bad that they loose every chance to escape from Hell :rant:

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Messenger"Logic can prove many things!

No ... math excepted logic alone cannot prove anything and, considering  scientific methodology, nothing is accepted as absolute.

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

Messenger

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"

No ... math excepted logic alone cannot prove anything and, considering  scientific methodology, nothing is accepted as absolute.

Kyu
Then read the proof and try to refute it?

If you choose to deny a cause for every action, then discuss it here, or better to say then the proof does not work for you
It works only for sane people who accept this fact  :D

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"

Kyu
Then read the proof and try to refute it?

If you choose to deny a cause for every action, then discuss it here, or better to say then the proof does not work for you
It works only for sane people who accept this fact  :D

Says he who doesn't the (or can't) answer the posts I put up to him ... HYPOCRITE!!!!!

The fact remains that math is abstract, alone it is based on assumption but to be useful to be real it must be applicable in the real world and none of sh*** is. Even Einstein who practised pure math had his stuff tested in the real world.

Proof That Girls Are Evil

http://www.wayodd.com/funny-pictures2/funny-pictures-proof-that-girls-are-evil-0Id.jpg (in case image won 't display)
That was humour but it brings up the point I am making ... are girls actually evil?

Kyu

bowmore

Quote from: "Messenger"Then read the proof and try to refute it?

I have. We are still waiting for your answer (or have you given up on your proof that everything needs a cause?).

House M.D.

Messenger

Quote from: "bowmore"

I have. We are still waiting for your answer (or have you given up on your proof that everything needs a cause?).
I already proved that!

Kyuuketsuki

I already proved that!

You've managed to prove what others have not been able to? I'm impressed ... oh wait a minute, I'm not ... you're just BS'ing as usual aren't you?

Kyu

bowmore

I already proved that!

No, you gave your proof, I formulated my refutation, you have not addressed my refutation.
In fact you've shown you don't even have a clue what my refutation was. I'm still waiting for you to find out (by actually reading my posts) and then address my refutation.
Until you do, you cannot claim you have proved it.

House M.D.