News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Cryptozoology fun

Started by McQ, November 03, 2008, 02:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

OK, so aside from being a non-believer in a god of any kind, I am also an ardent supporter of the mindset of "prove it to me" when it comes to other dubious claims. Things like, but not limited to: ESP, PSI, UFOs, crypto-creatures such as lake monsters and bigfoot, Spontaneous Human Combustion, Dowsing....you know....Bullshit like that.

So, while photographing Bald Eagles yesterday, I saw a log floating down the river and decided it looked like a good subject for a slightly out of focus shot. I thought it would make a nice "lake monster (river monster)" shot. Now that I have the photo, what do I do with it?

Any ideas from you all? I'm feeling a bit like submitting it to a crypto site and just asking them what they think of it, without giving any false information about it. Just with the story that I saw the object and photographed it, but my photo was blurry. Just to see what happens.

So, what do you think? Yes, no, bad idea, not worth the trouble? It's always fun to watch "experts" pontificate about this stuff, when you know darn well the subject in question is a hoax, but the faithful keep on believing and expanding the story. But I don't know if I should do this one or not. And if anyone else feels like running with it, have at it. First thing though, would be to remove the EXIF data from the photo, something I have not been able to do.

Here's my river monster:

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

curiosityandthecat

Post a link to the original picture (or attach it) and I'll strip the EXIF for you.

What can we name it?  :lol: Haffy?
-Curio

Titan

I just blurred the image a bit...you can send it in now.
"Those who praise the light of fire, but blame it for its heat, should not be listened to, as they judge it according to their comfort or discomfort and not by its nature. They wish to see, but not to be burnt. They forget that this very light which pleases them so much is a discomfort to weak eyes and harms them..."
- St. Augustine

"The soul lives

McQ

Quote from: "Titan"

I just blurred the image a bit...you can send it in now.

Nicely done! LOL!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette