News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Joel's Army? never heard of it, but sounds scary

Started by Jolly Sapper, September 26, 2008, 08:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Sapper

http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/

A frightening article, titled "What goes around...",  its about halfway down the page.

Quote...
For example, while we're at it, we should be taking stock of this new SPLC report examining the strength and numbers of the "Joel's Army" movement. While this group has been a concern of right-wing watchers for the past few years, I got my first public sighting of them last summer -- at the Northwest Washington County Fair, of all places. The military mothers' group had put together a big scrapbook showing all the county's service men and women, with a page for each one with personal histories (high school attended, parents' names, deployment dates, etc.) and photos. It was a very popular and moving exhibit. My husband and I went through it twice.

What struck me was that better than half of the troops from this rural ag county were either homeschooled or had attended Christian schools. Some families had two and three sons serving. A few photos showed them in battle dress, Bibles in hand; or in other religious contexts. Being aware of Joel's Amry, I couldn't shake the impression that some of these families had bred these kids for military service the way most middle-class families groom their kids for college. I was looking at at least a few of the faces of this new army of Christian warriors, young men (and a few women) who joined the military not just out of patriotism or job experience, but also to gain the skills they expected to need someday to take the country for Jesus -- by force.

curiosityandthecat

-Curio

Asmodean

...  :unsure:

Time for us atheists to stock up on them nukes and them cluster bombs and buy a few high explosive manufacturing plants and develop some automated defence systems, no..?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

rlrose328

Wow, that truly makes my skin crawl and my stomach churn.  What gives them the right to judge the rest of us... Oh right... GAWD.

And the other righteous folks will say they are not true Christians... as Joel's Army beats them into submission.

Who is whose bitch now, eh?
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!