News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

hello

Started by HeStoppedTheRain, September 23, 2008, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeStoppedTheRain

I was brainwashed into a catholic family... but not a very strict one.
at 14 i started doubting my religion...
and then god...
and now I'm 16 and an agnostic, but more towards atheism... idk, either theres
1. no god
2. a good god and evil people made up the bible... but i REALLY doubt it
3. or god is evil and I'm going to hell... good.
i haven't come out, and don't plan on it to my family, that'd be one big disaster.
so I'm stuck, i have to go to church aka hell every Suday and listen to my parents thow religious crap... :(
''So, like a lost child, I will hide. And, like a lost lie, I will find a way to return to the ones that made me.''

dodgecity

Welcome! Yeah I know the feeling. It's difficult to be the only rational person in the room, but in a way, it can make life a little sweeter.

Anyways, nice to meet you.  :)

rlrose328

Hi, HeStoppedTheRain... I'm curious about your name... is that a song title or book title?

I'm Kerri and I live in Oregon with my son and husband.  I was born and raised Lutheran, but I never really believed.  I tried... HARD.  But it never made sense to me.  Because of my mom, a very devout woman, I never let on.  I mentioned agnosticism once when I was in my 20s, but mom went nutso, so I just never mentioned it again.

Thanks to Mr. Bush's re-election, I embraced my atheism and never looked back.  My main focus is keeping religion out of schools (be it the pledge or intelligent design) and helping my son navigate through the religious atmosphere of our country as he grows up.

I'm very much alone in this little town in which I live when it comes to this subject.  I have not one close friend who is a non-believer.  There is a Jewish family in our school and we sometimes join forces (like to cover the Sunday School bulletin boards in the classrooms in which our Charter School operates) but at some point, we diverge.

Anyway... guess I'm in a talkative mood today.   :D   Welcome to the forum!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

SteveS

Hello HeStoppedTheRain - welcome to the board.  You can always feel free to hang out around here!

HeStoppedTheRain

Quote from: "rlrose328"Hi, HeStoppedTheRain... I'm curious about your name... is that a song title or book title?

I'm Kerri and I live in Oregon with my son and husband.  I was born and raised Lutheran, but I never really believed.  I tried... HARD.  But it never made sense to me.  Because of my mom, a very devout woman, I never let on.  I mentioned agnosticism once when I was in my 20s, but mom went nutso, so I just never mentioned it again.

Thanks to Mr. Bush's re-election, I embraced my atheism and never looked back.  My main focus is keeping religion out of schools (be it the pledge or intelligent design) and helping my son navigate through the religious atmosphere of our country as he grows up.

I'm very much alone in this little town in which I live when it comes to this subject.  I have not one close friend who is a non-believer.  There is a Jewish family in our school and we sometimes join forces (like to cover the Sunday School bulletin boards in the classrooms in which our Charter School operates) but at some point, we diverge.

Anyway... guess I'm in a talkative mood today.   :)
''So, like a lost child, I will hide. And, like a lost lie, I will find a way to return to the ones that made me.''