News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Need help defending science against Creationist?

Started by JRF2k, August 31, 2008, 02:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRF2k

Every Creationist I meet I point to this series on Youtube. It is just fantastic!

Why Do People Laugh At Creationist? (23 part series)
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 305829426D

These videos are guaranteed to make anyone smarter.

Asmodean

Quote from: "JRF2k"These videos are guaranteed to make anyone smarter.
Except a fundie who is determined not to listen to or accept Satan's reason.  :unsure:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Whitney

I'm sure the videos offer a lot of good information from watching part of the first one...but did they really have to focus so much on VenomFangX?  Venom is so out of touch with reality that anyone who believes what he says is too far gone to bother wasting energy on.

I would like to see the same videos condensed down into something which simply states the facts without directly making fun of a particular creationist or really making fun of them at all.  Most people stop listening when they know the oher person already thinks they are an idiot...they go into defensive mode rather than an open minded state.

Will

I had a few bouts with Venom myself. He eventually just makes a snarky comment and backs off. Still, he's left the apologist business, so yeah concentrating on him may not have been a good idea. I would have gone after someone with notariety outside of youtube.

When Dawkins went and spoke to creationists, it was really something.

Edit: Sorry, I should clarify. I really, really enjoyed the series "Why people laugh at". I've seen the whole thing several times through. There are a lot of good arguments and it's really entertaining.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

JRF2k

Quote from: "Willravel"When Dawkins went and spoke to creationists, it was really something.

Is this something you view off the Internet?

Whitney

Quote from: "Willravel"Still, he's left the apologist business, so yeah concentrating on him may not have been a good idea. I would have gone after someone with notariety outside of youtube.

Sadly, he's still at it, just not so involved in video making these days.  I spoke with him on Pal Talk a month or two ago.