News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Creation Museum Founder Says Evolution Fuels Racism

Started by afreethinker30, July 15, 2008, 06:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Deicideisfunny"Thats what creationists do-they twist words around and make it into what they are not-or rationalize for questions they cannot answer.

creationist is asked for scientific proof
creationist= :unsure:

Think of all the money they lose if people stop believing.They can't have that!

QuoteChristianity has a built-in defense system: anything that questions a belief, no matter how logical the argument is, is the work of Satan by the very fact that it makes you question a belief. It's a very interesting defense mechanism and the only way to get by it -- and believe me, I was raised Southern Baptist -- is to take massive amounts of mushrooms, sit in a field, and just go, "Show me."
Bill Hicks

DeathSShead1488

Evolution=Racism.

I am glad.
Do you really believe over billions of years of evolution that we stayed the same? Get your head of your asses.

Race is deeper than skin. It's ancestry and genetics, DNA.

karadan

Quote from: "DeathSShead1488"Evolution=Racism.

I am glad.
Do you really believe over billions of years of evolution that we stayed the same? Get your head of your asses.

Bigotry is not in your DNA. It is learned. In your case, probably from your racist parents.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "karadan"Bigotry is not in your DNA. It is learned. In your case, probably from your racist parents.

Indeed ... I don't think I've seen anyone be quite so proud of being such an asshole for quite some time.

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "DeathSShead1488"Evolution=Racism.

I am glad.

Actually, there's no genetic information that codes for a "race." None at all. Only pigment in skin, shapes of facial attributes, etc. Check it out: "Race: The Power of an Illusion."

[youtube:1monsdic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voTIVY-2iys[/youtube:1monsdic]
-Curio

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Actually, there's no genetic information that codes for a "race." None at all. Only pigment in skin, shapes of facial attributes, etc.

Which actually makes a lot more sense than this crap DeathsSh**Head is advancing about race or sexuality (gay) genes.

Kyu

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"Which actually makes a lot more sense than this crap DeathsSh**Head is advancing about race or sexuality (gay) genes.

Like THAT's hard to do.  ;) Racist bigots are afraid, pure and simple. They feel the need to be superior, and this is normally because they know they are in some way lacking, be it intelligence, physical prowess, or even just attention. Scapegoating, at it's essence.

That being said, 99% of Whites in the United States are racist, just as 99% of males are sexist. That's not to say they're bigots. Racism is a power structure in which the hegemonic group (in this case being Whites) have privilege and use that privilege, either consciously or unconsciously, to their advantage. Easy way to tell if a White person is racist: ask them if they'd like to be Black. If they hesitate or say No, then they are fully aware of the societal challenges that impede Black folk. (Some say, "But I just like being me. Is there something wrong with that?" I usually respond, "No, nothing wrong with that. I'm just talking about your skin color; everything else about you can stay the same. Does that change your mind at all?") It's insidious and invisible and almost completely pervasive.

This is one of the reasons Obama being elected is such a monumental thing for Americans.
-Curio

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"That being said, 99% of Whites in the United States are racist, just as 99% of males are sexist. That's not to say they're bigots. Racism is a power structure in which the hegemonic group (in this case being Whites) have privilege and use that privilege, either consciously or unconsciously, to their advantage. Easy way to tell if a White person is racist: ask them if they'd like to be Black. If they hesitate or say No, then they are fully aware of the societal challenges that impede Black folk. (Some say, "But I just like being me. Is there something wrong with that?" I usually respond, "No, nothing wrong with that. I'm just talking about your skin color; everything else about you can stay the same. Does that change your mind at all?") It's insidious and invisible and almost completely pervasive.

I don't (can't) agree with that because I think your argument misses some factors. Try re-framing the argument and using gay instead ... I'm as certain as I can be that I wouldn't want to be gay yet I have nothing against gays. I think it would be more valid to ask if someone would spend their life with someone regardless of skin colour and I know I wouldn't have such a problem however I would be very aware of the problems that could arise because of such a relationship, something that would probably have the greatest effect on kids but then  (shrug) society has to start somewhere I guess.

The one I really don't like though is so-called "positive discrimination" ... as far as I'm concerned all reasonless discrimination based on sex, gender, race, religion is wrong.

Kyu

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"I don't (can't) agree with that because I think your argument misses some factors. Try re-framing the argument and using gay instead ... I'm as certain as I can be that I wouldn't want to be gay yet I have nothing against gays. I think it would be more valid to ask if someone would spend their life with someone regardless of skin colour and I know I wouldn't have such a problem however I would be very aware of the problems that could arise because of such a relationship, something that would probably have the greatest effect on kids but then  (shrug) society has to start somewhere I guess.

The one I really don't like though is so-called "positive discrimination" ... as far as I'm concerned all reasonless discrimination based on sex, gender, race, religion is wrong.

Kyu

I quite see your point and am sympathetic to it. However, it doesn't quite work to replace the race with sexual orientation. (I'm trying to figure out how to word this without sounding a fool.) Gender, race, age, etc., are things that you are regardless of action or behavior. Alternative sexual lifestyles are just that: lifestyles. I'm not saying that people can't say "Gay is what I am" but it's not a physical characteristic. Having dark skin, two X chromosomes and a vagina, or wrinkles and age spots are all physical characteristics outside the control of that person.

One thing we do agree on is the idea that any discrimination should be avoided, either good or bad. Then again, that's when we start getting into meritocracy and the problems associated with it.
-Curio

DennisK

When is the last time you spent time with your wife instead of on a forum of strangers?  She really misses you.

Edit:
Oops, wife has breached my security.  Apparently wants attention.  Must go and save marriage.
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality." -Halton Arp

Tanker

That's like saying "because some preists are molesters all religion fuels pedophilia''
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Tanker"That's like saying "because some preists are molesters all religion fuels pedophilia''

There's a lot going on in this thread... mind mentioning to what you're referring?
-Curio

Tanker

The fact was that darwin was a racist and a sexist becacause he was a product of his times and attempted to fit his thereries with the beliefs of the day. Creationists try to disregard his scientific befeilf because he personal beliefs were flawed. So making the generalisatin that evolution promotes racism is the same as say that since a few priests are child molesters all religion promote child molestation.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

PipeBox

OK, Curio, I think your question fails because it's totally unnecessary.  The first thing that would flash through my head would be "why would I?"  And that'd be your moment of hesitation.  We could ask a Japanese fellow if he'd rather be white, and I suspect he'd answer "no" or "why would I?" and I'd answer the same way if you asked me if I'd rather be Asian.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't met a whole lot of Asians that long to be white . . .

And even then, drop the thought of racism, there's still the culture divide!  I like rap, but I like country too (on the radio, I'd never buy a CD of either.  CDs are reserved for classic rock, and anything that is hard to find.  And I like a lot of stuff that's hard to find).  That is culturally normal for a white kid where I live.  Not so much a black kid.  And I think that's a matter of culture, rather than racism.  Even if I'm wrong, some of my actions as a white kid must be explicitly cultural otherwise you disclaim all culture as racism.  And because I'm a white kid, and belong to that culture, no I'd rather not be thrown into a different one.

If that's racism to you, meh, add me to your list.
If sin may be committed through inaction, God never stopped.

My soul, do not seek eternal life, but exhaust the realm of the possible.
-- Pindar