News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Atheist Holidays.

Started by Biggus Dickus, November 28, 2017, 07:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

What with the Holidays upon us, and since we are simply a bunch of "Life has no meaning", "Baby eating", "We're all going to rot in Hell" atheists. I thought we could use a place to post ideas or suggestions on how to ruin the Holiday Season for all of the mean spirited, sexual assaulting, gun-toting, hypocritical, racist, misogynist, Trump supporting God Loving Religious Folks!

Here's a real cool web-site where you can find "Atheist Greeting Cards", it's called, "Debmon Design".

Here you can find the perfect cards to send out to your family members, like this one.

As for the ongoing war on Christmas...I'd like to get a t-shirt with this on it to wear out in the shopping malls and gift shops this holiday season while I shop, but I'm also thinking that it would make good company with my Airborne tattoo so I may have it inked on my arm.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

You already have Festivus, for the rest of you.  Feats of Strength and Airing of Grievances on December 23.  What more do you need?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 28, 2017, 07:49:00 PM
You already have Festivus, for the rest of you.  Feats of Strength and Airing of Grievances on December 23.  What more do you need?

Something more sparkly than an aluminum pole.  I still long for Winterfest, from the Beauty and the Beast TV series.  So long ago. 

I usually spoil things by saying "Happy Holidays" slightly more often than necessary, but I realize that's slow freight.  Perhaps this year I'll go into full mourning for the death of Winter and decorate my windows in black crepe, leaving the sparkly stuff on the inside. 

And instead of my usual festive cookies, I'll make lots of fruitcake to hand out instead since apparently no one but me likes it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

I have the impression that Plum Pudding is the Brit equivalent of our fruitcake.  Please advise.

My Connecticut Yankee wife used to make Plum Pudding during this season. It has all the fruity stuff that fruitcake has but was more palatable. In addition it was considered permissible to juice it up excessively with rum which rhymes with yum and also rum a tum tum, the  lyric in the seasonal song; Little Drummer Boy.

I don't mind that the standard seasons greeting is Merry fucking Christmas.  What the hell I occasionally throw some coin into the Salvation Army bell ringer's pot. I do not begrudge them the good work that they do but I can get by without the Salvation fantasy that they are obliged to preach.

I must confess that I give some support to a local half way house organization.  They are a faith based outfit but they actually provide some important and useful services for the down and out. Chances are that you have some similar groups, I'm pleased to say that some of your groups may be atheist based.

I am confident that my respected HAF peers will also exhibit some generosity to those who are less prosperous.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 28, 2017, 07:49:00 PM
Festivus is okay I guess, but my tongue always gets stuck to the pole :i'mok:

Quote from: Icarus on November 29, 2017, 12:11:56 AM

I must confess that I give some support to a local half way house organization.  They are a faith based outfit but they actually provide some important and useful services for the down and out. Chances are that you have some similar groups, I'm pleased to say that some of your groups may be atheist based.

I am confident that my respected HAF peers will also exhibit some generosity to those who are less prosperous.

Oh for sure. In fact at one of my yoga studios we are collecting clothing, toys, etc...for a local youth home. We also accept gift cards in small quantities that we can give the kids.
Merchandise is being stored in my garage, and then another member has a van and when it's time we'll take it over and drop it off.

That being said, I like this Manger display that someone has in their front yard, very nice and colorful. (It's called the two Josephs)

And this ornament was a gift to me when I was in the Army from my two sisters...it's the Airborne Santa!

Cute isn't it?

Not only cool that I not only still have this, but that it has remained in one piece all these years. Especially those years when I was in the service and had this with me in the barracks, plus I traveled all over with it.
And people say I'm clumsy like gorilla ::)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."