News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

The Oldie

Started by Dave, October 21, 2017, 08:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I "rediscovered" this by accident. It's a magazine but a bit different from most in some ways. I'll leave it up to you . . .

QuoteLuxury lifestyle magazines are defying the digital revolution and going from strength to strength. From GQ to Vanity Fair, these beautifully-wrapped, glossy bibles of contemporary taste continue to fly off the shelves and into the homes of Generation Y, to be torn open and recklessly thumbed in a frenzy of consumer-driven ecstasy.
People sometimes ask me if I'm embarrassed by my generation and it's self-indulgent attitude. To be frank: Yes, I am. But I also pity it. When you're caught in the vicious cycle of not being able to afford your rent and simultaneously being unable to forego your quinoa and Pret avo salad, it can seem like there is no way out. The world presented in magazines offers welcome respite.

[...]

The Oldie was launched in 1992 as "a light-hearted alternative to a press obsessed with youth and celebrity,"

https://www.theoldie.co.uk
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74