News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Evidence against Hell?

Started by SisterAgatha, October 03, 2017, 08:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

Maybe this should be merged but I don't really know.

I am ever so terrified of Hell. The fact that other people have gone there and I myself may one day go too if I'm not good.

I almost at times wish Hell doesn't exist, but our Blessed Lord Jesus Christ spoke of it far more than of Heaven.

Can you people tell me why you don't believe in Hell and it's eternity?

Tank

No evidence for the existence of a supernatural realm.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

SisterAgatha

Then again there is no evidence for love and happiness yet they exist.

Look at the center of the earth sometimes. Its a massive magma pit. Seems the perfect place to store the souls of the bad people.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 03, 2017, 08:35:28 PM

I agree and I think it's wonderful we finally agree on something, this thread along with all of your other posts and threads should be merged into the Dump Pile of Crazy Troll Posts.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 03, 2017, 08:50:51 PM

Look at the center of the earth sometimes. Its a massive magma pit. Seems the perfect place to store the souls of the bad people.

Oxytocin

The Earth's core
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Father Bruno on October 03, 2017, 09:03:41 PM
Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 03, 2017, 08:35:28 PM

I agree and I think it's wonderful we finally agree on something, this thread along with all of your other posts and threads should be merged into the Dump Pile of Crazy Troll Posts.

This action is under consideration by the staff.

No one

What is your evidence against Valhalla, Mt Olympus, Asgard, Camelot, or Atlantis?

Sandra Craft

Individuals can experience love and happiness.  No one has experienced Hell, other than metaphorically.  There's also no evidence of souls, except as a figure of speech.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on October 03, 2017, 09:05:21 PM

Oxytocin

The Earth's core

Beat me to it! :lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

The concept of eternal torment is completely inconsistent and antithetical to the concept of a loving God. You can't have both.  Either hell does not exist or God is not love.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: No one on October 03, 2017, 11:56:22 PM
What is your evidence against Valhalla, Mt Olympus, Asgard, Camelot, or Atlantis?

Or vampires.  Is Sister Agatha suggesting I go around with garlic in my pocket, just in case?

And why do theists so often ask for evidence of a negative?  Are they unaware that's a logical impossibility?  I realize you don't have the answers to these questions, No One, I just get frustrated writing posts to brick walls sometimes.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on October 03, 2017, 11:56:22 PM

Wait for it...the sound of a penny dropping...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Catholic sisters take a vow of poverty, so I expect SisterAgatha won't touch that penny.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 04, 2017, 12:42:30 AM
The concept of eternal torment is completely inconsistent and antithetical to the concept of a loving God. You can't have both.  Either hell does not exist or God is not love.

Or HE  isn't as omnipotent as HE wants us to believe and HE just makes me use such big fonts to perpetuate the illusion.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Recusant on October 04, 2017, 03:46:06 AM
Catholic sisters take a vow of poverty, so I expect SisterAgatha won't touch that penny.

Now now, you knew I'd take that as challenge.
You are complicit in the wrongs I'm about to do.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.