News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Thoughts on Hell?

Started by SisterAgatha, October 02, 2017, 03:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Why would a loving God ever allow one of his creations to go to hell?  If you had a child, would you allow him/her to wander close to a raging fire in a pit?  Let's say you gave him a stern warning and he still got close. What would a loving parent do?  Would you not do whatever was in your power to prevent him from falling in?   God has the power to keep everyone of his creations from going to hell. If he allows them to go there, can he be called loving?

No one

For lack of a better term, the god of the bible is a straight up giant fucking douchebag!

SisterAgatha

Look. I am kind of progressive about Hell.

I don't think people go there simply for not being a Catholic.

But I do believe in Hell of some sort even if it is the fire and brimstone place of Looney tunes, disney movies and Dant'es inferno.

Hell doesn't have to be like a horror movie to be Hellish.

Going off what Bishop Sheen said many people are in Hell or go to Hell while they are still living.

I mean people who aren't necessarily mass murderers or criminals but who simply do not love and are not loved in return. People who go about their orderly lives without truly caring for others, giving others any regard or viewing others as simply means to an end.

Hell can be when people are cruel to eachohter for the fun of it, or get so angry and enraged at the wrong others have done to them that they swear horrid revenge and refuse forgiveness.

Do you people ever watch Downton Abbey? In the early season I believe Lady Edith and Lady Mary were sort of in Hell, given who cruel they were to each other and what little regard they gave the world.

Hell utterly is a lack of love. To live without love, unable to give it or receive it.

I don't know if Hell is a massive torture chamber from Diablo II or something to that effect. But it doesn't need to be in order to be horrid.

Magdalena

Sister Agatha, have you ever considered the possibility that you might need an exorcism?  :chin:

That would be a fun Halloween activity right there.  :thumbsup2:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on October 09, 2017, 03:40:45 AM
Sister Agatha, have you ever considered the possibility that you might need an exorcism?  :chin:

If it were filmed it might rival The Blair Witch.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 09, 2017, 03:56:31 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 09, 2017, 03:40:45 AM

If it were filmed it might rival The Blair Witch.
I can see it... :chin:
Sister Agatha is possessed by the evil spirit of Sister Bellarmine, she starts speaking in tongues and shit...but the scariest part is when she starts reading all the posts she's made here...all of them...every single one of them....One right after the other, she won't stop...and as she's reading, she starts writing the next one with her left foot.
:worried:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

^^^
I'm sorry, did I actually say that outloud?  :lol:
I'm sorry for that outburst. I apologize.  :lol:

Tank

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 09, 2017, 02:12:52 AM

No. You have a obsession about a fantasy created by our ancestors.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on October 09, 2017, 06:51:52 AM
Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 09, 2017, 02:12:52 AM

No. You have a obsession about a fantasy created by our ancestors.

If, indeed, anything you say is not just troll-speak.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

OldGit

I'd love to take part in an exorcism.  Please can I hold the candle?

Dave

Quote from: OldGit on October 09, 2017, 09:58:27 AM

Me the bell please.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

Hell is about as scary as these guys that have been around for thousands of years:
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on October 09, 2017, 10:40:45 AM
Quote from: OldGit on October 09, 2017, 09:58:27 AM

Me the bell please.
Check this out:
(Warning: You will waste one precious, precious minute and twenty seven seconds of your life. You can never get them back.)

"Do you have a legal right to be there?"
What the hell? ::)
That is one sassy, annoying demon.
Sister Agatha, do you really believe in hell and this shit?  :headscratch:

:picard facepalm:

Recusant

Quote from: Davin on October 09, 2017, 07:25:46 PM
Hell is about as scary as these guys that have been around for thousands of years:

The first Christian on record to predict a specific time for the end of the world (other than Jesus himself predicting that the end of the world would occur before the passing of "this generation" i.e. the generation of the people listening to him) was Hilary of Poitiers in AD 364. Thus the HAF user rank "Happily Surviving the End Times Since 365." 

They've been at it ever since. In fact a Catholic numerologist named David Meade is currently revising his prediction of the end of the world, which didn't happen on the date of September 23. Now he's saying that the beginning of the end will be October 15 (stupid autoplay video accompanies story at link). ;)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Davin on October 09, 2017, 07:25:46 PM

I wonder if anyone would know what "nigh" meant if it weren't for these signs?  Maybe they do provide some value.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany