News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Thoughts on Hell?

Started by SisterAgatha, October 02, 2017, 03:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 02, 2017, 06:46:37 PM
Just think of this.

If my God is real..you people are FINISHED!!

I like the "If"... ::)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Yoohoo, Aggie, we're still here!

:computerwave:

Tsk, where's the Big G when you need him?
What? Nowhere? Oh, sorry, forgot about that!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dragonia

Sister Agatha, your posts are beginning to make my neck muscles and my eyelids twitch. I can feel a massive anger response rising in my brain as a result of your idiotic statements and questions. Your personality seems to have morphed from a sweet, innocent, idealistic young nun to more of a hardcore dogmatic woman in just a couple of days. Its so weird. *scratching my head*
So in response to your original post question here, I have a lot of ideas and thoughts on hell. I could probably write an essay on them. As well as my thoughts on our good loving Lord allowing people to go to hell. However I don't really get the feeling that you want to have this discussion, you just want to start threads and fuck with us.
You are exhausting the gentler side of my nature.  :Gaah:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Tank

Quote from: Dragonia on October 02, 2017, 08:25:21 PM
... you just want to start threads and fuck with us. ...
That's exactly what trolls do.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dragonia

I think all of Sister Agatha's threads belong in the troll pile.  :sweeping:

Dave

Quote from: Dragonia on October 02, 2017, 08:47:11 PM
I think all of Sister Agatha's threads belong in the troll pile.  :sweeping:

Is that "troll pile" spelt "s-h-i-t h-e-a-p"?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

SisterAgatha

Quote from: Dragonia on October 02, 2017, 08:25:21 PM
Sister Agatha, your posts are beginning to make my neck muscles and my eyelids twitch. I can feel a massive anger response rising in my brain as a result of your idiotic statements and questions. Your personality seems to have morphed from a sweet, innocent, idealistic young nun to more of a hardcore dogmatic woman in just a couple of days. Its so weird. *scratching my head*
So in response to your original post question here, I have a lot of ideas and thoughts on hell. I could probably write an essay on them. As well as my thoughts on our good loving Lord allowing people to go to hell. However I don't really get the feeling that you want to have this discussion, you just want to start threads and fuck with us.
You are exhausting the gentler side of my nature.  :Gaah:

I still am idealistic IMO. I am just quoting the story from my associate.

I don't believe in a Hell like that, I just wonder what you people think of my associate for believing thus.

Also...What do you think should be done about Billy and the other rapscallions in my school? I don't think telling them about Hell is the best..should I have them sit in a circle, play my guitar and sing songs about respect, caring obedience etc?

Recusant

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 02, 2017, 09:34:45 PM
I still am idealistic IMO. I am just quoting the story from my associate.

I don't believe in a Hell like that, I just wonder what you people think of my associate for believing thus.

Assuming your story is accurate, she's merely enunciating the traditional Christian view of hell. Many Christians have believed what she believes, and continue to believe it. They have reason to: the Bible describes the agony of the damned in explicit detail. Moreover, none other than Thomas Aquinas stated that the delight of those in heaven will be enhanced by their clear view of those suffering in hell.

QuoteWherefore in order that the happiness of the saints may be more delightful to them and that they may render more copious thanks to God for it, they are allowed to see perfectly the sufferings of the damned.

[source]

Of course he goes on to explain that the saved will not actually be rejoicing directly in the suffering of the damned, but that doesn't negate his earlier statement.

QuoteA thing may be a matter of rejoicing in two ways. First directly, when one rejoices in a thing as such: and thus the saints will not rejoice in the punishment of the wicked. Secondly, indirectly, by reason namely of something annexed to it: and in this way the saints will rejoice in the punishment of the wicked, by considering therein the order of Divine justice and their own deliverance, which will fill them with joy. And thus the Divine justice and their own deliverance will be the direct cause of the joy of the blessed: while the punishment of the damned will cause it indirectly.

[ibid.]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Just think of this.

You think we haven't heard such asinine statements before? :fingertap:

And yet, here we are, still as atheistic as ever!  ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dragonia

I don't believe in a Hell like that,
If you don't, then I wonder what you mean by this:
Just think of this.

I just wonder what you people think of my associate for believing thus.

I'm pretty sure you already know what Us People believe about your friend.....

Also...What do you think should be done about Billy and the other rapscallions in my school? I don't think telling them about Hell is the best..should I have them sit in a circle, play my guitar and sing songs about respect, caring obedience etc?
As far as the Rapscallion Billy goes, you said yourself, "Personally I feel he is a charming, good hearted but irresponsible young man who could use direction in his life. "Charming Billy" is my nickname for him"
So, give him direction!

You probably need to sing songs of respect and caring to yourself, for I think that you could use a few doses of both.

No one

Even if this god shitbag is real, I'd still rather deal with Lucifer who is a prick to your face, and not that back stabbing, malevolent, cowardly cunt rag, you call a god!

SisterAgatha

If you want a sense of what Hell is listen to this lovey man!

[Edit T: Embedded youtube link]

xSilverPhinx

Are you a fearful person, Sister Agatha?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey