News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Thoughts on Hell?

Started by SisterAgatha, October 02, 2017, 03:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

Ill have you know that is Italian as opposed to Church Latin.

If you want to be a burnt husked out corpse, eternally shrieking and clawing at the corpses without a drop of water be my guest.

When you meet your eternal fate.. you will shriek "WHY OH WHY DID I NOT LISTEN TO SISTER AGATHA?"

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 07, 2017, 08:37:13 PM

If you want to be a burnt husked out corpse, eternally shrieking and clawing at the corpses without a drop of water be my guest.

When you meet your eternal fate.. you will shriek "WHY OH WHY DID I NOT LISTEN TO SISTER AGATHA?"

Church Latin? I think you mean "Ecclesiastical Latin",...good grief but must have been a very poor student at the convent...anyway.

Next I prayed to Allah, whose ears are deaf; then did I beseech his fallen twin, the Devil Hornprick, who sits upon his thorn of fire, gloating upon his constellations and counting his bloody seeds. In Baclava it is said Hornprick once caught a glimpse of the First Woman, as she sat singing to her snake in her chamber of sacred mud. Dazzled by her sight, the light of love and lust, he fell. He is still falling. For all eternity her breasts orbit his dreams."

― Rikki Ducornet, Contemporary Surrealist Prose

If there is a hell let it be me tortured for all eternity with the image of Selma Hyek's breast orbiting in my dreams 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 07, 2017, 07:48:44 PM
Assuming Hell is real.... and I think it is..everyone there is in BIG TROUBLE.

They are there of their own free will because they do not love God.  Unless you atheists turn around and start loving God again you will be in big trouble.

Did you know that when Jesus comes again there will be a universal resurrection? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Judgment#Judaism

That means that all the souls who have ever lived will get their bodies back. The souls in heaven will have bodies that are attractive and sparkly looking.

The souls in Hell will have putrid rotten corpses.

If being a soul in Hell is terrible, imagine having a body and soul in Hell? horrid

The damned are in such pain and despair that they vent their sadness/frustrations on each other. And sorry people, there are no friends in Hell, because friendship is based on love, God is love, and God is not in Hell.

Everyone you kind of liked in life you will hate once you are damned with them.

Just imagine a cheating scoundrel husband and his mistress who are damned together because of their sin. Do you think they will still be looking lustfully into each others eyes after the final judgement.

No. They will be tearing each others eyes OUT!!

Come on, you can do better than that! You haven't given me a single goosebump!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 07, 2017, 09:02:25 PM

They are there of their own free will because they do not love God.  Unless you atheists turn around and start loving God again you will be in big trouble.

Did you know that when Jesus comes again there will be a universal resurrection? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Judgment#Judaism

That means that all the souls who have ever lived will get their bodies back. The souls in heaven will have bodies that are attractive and sparkly looking.

If being a soul in Hell is terrible, imagine having a body and soul in Hell? horrid

The damned are in such pain and despair that they vent their sadness/frustrations on each other. And sorry people, there are no friends in Hell, because friendship is based on love, God is love, and God is not in Hell.

Just imagine a cheating scoundrel husband and his mistress who are damned together because of their sin. Do you think they will still be looking lustfully into each others eyes after the final judgement.

Typical myth-y silliness, nonsensical and unoriginal.  My question is "how do they know this?".   At best, it's fantasy guesswork they've come up with on their own or, much more likely, the fantasy guesswork of someone else they've just decided to accept.  Well, my guesses are just as good an anyone else's, I could make up stories too if I wanted and my stories wouldn't indicate a need for immediate psychiatric help.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

No one

Maybe hell is being stuck on a broken elevator with a young earth creationist, and a flat earther, and a christian apologist.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: No one on October 07, 2017, 11:36:08 PM
Maybe hell is being stuck on a broken elevator with a young earth creationist, and a flat earther, and a christian apologist.

Now that is horrifying. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 07, 2017, 11:38:00 PM
Quote from: No one on October 07, 2017, 11:36:08 PM

Now that is horrifying.
It would certainly give me nightmares!
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

First official warning

This is preaching. It is against rules of the forum. Continue preaching and you will be suspended and then banned.

Tank
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Wow! OK!

Just one thing...
Is this Sister Bellarmine speaking? Sister Agatha? Or Jesus?
Are you three the holy trinity? :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Wow! Again.
Sister Bellarmine, your true colors are slowly becoming visible, aren't they?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dragonia

I feel like I get a little taste of hell every time I read one of Sister Agatha's posts.  :doh:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dragonia on October 08, 2017, 03:43:35 PM
I feel like I get a little taste of hell every time I read one of Sister Agatha's posts.  :doh:

Hell can really be other people.

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 08, 2017, 03:45:27 PM

Like Sister Agatha?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 07, 2017, 11:26:12 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 07, 2017, 09:02:25 PM

Typical myth-y silliness, nonsensical and unoriginal.  My question is "how do they know this?".   At best, it's fantasy guesswork they've come up with on their own or, much more likely, the fantasy guesswork of someone else they've just decided to accept.  Well, my guesses are just as good an anyone else's, I could make up stories too if I wanted and my stories wouldn't indicate a need for immediate psychiatric help.

Yes.

I think a part of SisterAgatha really wants us snarky atheists to go to this hellish place she believes exists. That'll teach us, won't it? ::)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on October 08, 2017, 03:46:24 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 08, 2017, 03:45:27 PM

Like Sister Agatha?

Like all she represents.