News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

This one's for Father Bruno...

Started by xSilverPhinx, September 15, 2017, 02:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Chimps Recognize Butts the Way Humans Recognize Faces

QuoteThe paper concludes, "The findings suggest an evolutionary shift in socio-sexual signalling function from behinds to faces, two hairless, symmetrical and attractive body parts, which might have attuned the human brain to process faces, and the human face to become more behind-like."

Well. That gives the word 'butthead' a new meaning.  :o
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Ag:
Well. That gives the word 'butthead' a new meaning.

Or at least assface, right?

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

And the mandril uses both ends to look attractive

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dragonia

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Davin

Quote from: Dragonia on September 15, 2017, 01:06:29 PM
^^^wow, that is a spectacular ass!
I have to agree, I can't take my eyes off of it.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 15, 2017, 02:25:58 AM
Chimps Recognize Butts the Way Humans Recognize Faces

QuoteThe paper concludes, "The findings suggest an evolutionary shift in socio-sexual signalling function from behinds to faces, two hairless, symmetrical and attractive body parts, which might have attuned the human brain to process faces, and the human face to become more behind-like."

Well. That gives the word 'butthead' a new meaning.  :o

Thanks xSP this was really interesting, one has to wonder if the change in humans came about as we began to communicate with each other, maybe even prior to spoken words or grunts? Possibly through communicating with our eyes. I remember a somewhat recent study with chimpanzees where they would place a bit of food under one of two separate containers and then have a human gesture or point at the container with the food in it to determine if the chimps would respond to human gestures and the researchers discovered that the chimps would not react or follow the gesture and merely pick a container at random to see if it contained the food.
Dogs on the other hand do respond not only to human hand gestures in similar situations, but also through eye contact. So if a human just looks toward the container with the food the dogs will follow the direction of our eyes to choose the right container.

Makes one wonder if this is how it was with early humans, first eye contact, then vocal?

I do wonder if a human used our butts to point at something if the chimps would respond to that ;D

Anyway, even though I am still a hairy primate, I seem to have evolved as I'm not really an ass man. My attractions seem to be drawn more towards the gentle slope of the neck, whether side of rear or that spot on the chest, just above the breastbone, or the smooth part of the upper calf, or that sweet spot just behind the knee, or the delicate lobe of the ear, or that small dimple on the lower back, just above the tailbone, or the pleasure ridge just below the bellybutton, or the belly button itself, or....

Quote from: Davin on September 15, 2017, 02:58:25 PM
Quote from: Dragonia on September 15, 2017, 01:06:29 PM
^^^wow, that is a spectacular ass!
I have to agree, I can't take my eyes off of it.

That is one fine ass, glimmering like it was dusted with unicorn powder!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

I have just realised this gives a whole new nuance to that well known saying, "Just look at the arse on that!"

(Ahem, not that I would use such a sexually demeaning phrase of course  :sadshake:)

No one

Arturo

He has his head up her ass!

"Asshole!" Is now a compliment.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on September 15, 2017, 05:39:11 PM
Thanks xSP this was really interesting, one has to wonder if the change in humans came about as we began to communicate with each other, maybe even prior to spoken words or grunts? Possibly through communicating with our eyes. I remember a somewhat recent study with chimpanzees where they would place a bit of food under one of two separate containers and then have a human gesture or point at the container with the food in it to determine if the chimps would respond to human gestures and the researchers discovered that the chimps would not react or follow the gesture and merely pick a container at random to see if it contained the food.
Dogs on the other hand do respond not only to human hand gestures in similar situations, but also through eye contact. So if a human just looks toward the container with the food the dogs will follow the direction of our eyes to choose the right container.

Makes one wonder if this is how it was with early humans, first eye contact, then vocal?

I do wonder if a human used our butts to point at something if the chimps would respond to that ;D

Anyway, even though I am still a hairy primate, I seem to have evolved as I'm not really an ass man. My attractions seem to be drawn more towards the gentle slope of the neck, whether side of rear or that spot on the chest, just above the breastbone, or the smooth part of the upper calf, or that sweet spot just behind the knee, or the delicate lobe of the ear, or that small dimple on the lower back, just above the tailbone, or the pleasure ridge just below the bellybutton, or the belly button itself, or....

I'm glad you like it, even though you don't consider yourself an ass man. :grin:

One thing that humans have that other primates seem to lack is we can easily see the whites of another person's eyes. It's easy to see which direction people are looking because of this. I think it definitely had an important part to play in our evolution.

I watched a documentary in which it showed that dogs tend to focus (in general) on the more expressive left side of human faces. I thought that was fascinating. They seem to be so tuned into humans it's uncanny. Wolves do not follow hand gestures, let alone eye movements. The documentary mentioned something about differences in critical development periods between dogs and wolves...dogs tend to rely more on their sight compared to their wild cousins, who are essentially led by their noses, so that could be a partial explanation for the dog's ability.   

QuoteI do wonder if a human used our butts to point at something if the chimps would respond to that ;D

This is a testable question, which makes it a scientific one! ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

I have noticed, over the years, that some primates seem to walk up to another then turn away, presenting their butts. I always assumed it was a sort of sexual signal . . . But now I wonder, 'cos the males did it as well.

To paraphrase Ben Jonson: "The butt best shows an ape, turn that I might know you."

But, why do cats often do the same, present their rear end and lift their tails? Hmm, it is usually the toms, could be a symbolic "sprinkling", territory marking, "You are mine!" Possibly more evidence of the evilness of cats then, FrB?

Arturo

This is all about behaviour in human booty.

Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.