Hello from Jass Richards, author of The Blasphemy Tour

Started by jassrichards, September 03, 2017, 03:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jassrichards

Hello Everyone!

I'm a writer (ex-stand-up and philosopher) and I'm still struggling to get one of my novels 'in front' of its readership - atheists!  (Same problem with my more feminist work.)  So I finally decided to join a few atheist sites...

Here's the blurb:

Two Canadian atheists go on a cross-country speaking tour of American Bible Colleges.  No, seriously.

The Blasphemy Tour — where philosophy meets stand-up.

Available in Kindle, Kobo, as a NookBook, as an iBook, and however you want it at Smashwords.  Also available in print at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Indigo, and wherever you buy your books online (and through Ingram).

Good to be with kin here at the Happy Atheist!

Jass

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Hello, jassrichards. What topics are discussed in your book?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

jumbojak

Welcome to the board. I'm curious as to the proper pronunciation of your name. Is it more like a German term for agreement or the animal Jesus rode around on? Or was that a donkey? Is there a difference between a donkey and what I'm talking about... I don't know anymore. One of the side effects of getting old I guess.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Hi, Jass, and welcome.

I assumed it was short for "Jasmine" and mentally pronounced it that way, but with the "s" sound rather than "z" as some do.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

Welcome Jass. The Blasphemy tour sounds like a real hoot.

Join the fun here. We are most receptive to comedy when we are not being too seriously involved in politics or the study of astronomical phenomena, etc.  You will soon see that we do not waste an inordinate amount of time hammering the Jesus folk although we are pretty good at it when the occasion arises.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

It's looking like jassrichards just stopped by to promote her work.  I'd be happy to be proved wrong about that. :(
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on September 06, 2017, 04:34:52 PM
It's looking like jassrichards just stopped by to promote her work.  I'd be happy to be proved wrong about that. :(

I hope you are wrong as well, maybe she is just a very busy person but . . . Time will tell.

Biggus Dickus

When I saw the name "Jass Richards" I'm reminded of some Jazzercise video from the 80's with"Richard Simmoms" and "Sweatin' to the Oldies". ;D

Anyway, welcome Jass! 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on September 03, 2017, 10:54:43 PM
Welcome to the board. I'm curious as to the proper pronunciation of your name. Is it more like a German term for agreement or the animal Jesus rode around on? Or was that a donkey? Is there a difference between a donkey and what I'm talking about... I don't know anymore. One of the side effects of getting old I guess.

I guess you'll never know! Bwahahaha! :devil:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Well, looks like it was just an advert.

The book actually came out in 2012 and got just about middling reviews, 2.8/5, on the Google rating. Though it got a single Anazon customer review of 5*. Not a cheap paperback at £10-50!

She has been doing tours of some sort with the same title this year.

Obviously a busy lady.

Oh, a group called "Borgore" has been doing a similarly named tour it seems.