News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Hurrican Harvey

Started by Tank, August 28, 2017, 07:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Someone pointed out another long lasting effect that Harvey will have on people across the country. There are 300,000 cars and trucks in Houston that either are underwater or were a short time ago. It's very likely that these flood damaged vehicles will be making their way out of Texas to unsuspecting buyers in other parts of the country.

According to what I was reading Texas "scrubs" titles for salvaged vehicles that were flooded when they leave the state (maybe Bruce can weigh in here) so buyers might not be able to find out if they are buying a potential problem vehicle.  The same thing happened after Sandy. People bought cars and trucks from New Jersey only to have mysterious electrical issues surface later.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on September 03, 2017, 03:27:38 PM
Someone pointed out another long lasting effect that Harvey will have on people across the country. There are 300,000 cars and trucks in Houston that either are underwater or were a short time ago. It's very likely that these flood damaged vehicles will be making their way out of Texas to unsuspecting buyers in other parts of the country.

According to what I was reading Texas "scrubs" titles for salvaged vehicles that were flooded when they leave the state (maybe Bruce can weigh in here) so buyers might not be able to find out if they are buying a potential problem vehicle.  The same thing happened after Sandy. People bought cars and trucks from New Jersey only to have mysterious electrical issues surface later.

There are always those looking to make money out of disaster.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74