News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Gratitude

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, July 22, 2017, 02:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

There's plenty to be upset about these days - terrorism, global warming, inequality, hatred, poverty, sickness, Trump, to name a few. But there is plenty to be thankful for, as well. For me, I just finished my first week back at work after a great 2 1/2 week vacation, and I got good reviews for my performance this past year.  I'm sitting on my back porch, smoking a good cigar and drinking tequila after a nice swim. Life is good.

I invite you to express gratitude in this thread, to whomever or whatever you want. It may be to life, the universe, God (as you define that term, if at all), your family, your significant other(s), a friend. I'm filled with a sense of gratitude and feel that I want to express it.  I invite you to do the same.

xSilverPhinx

Thanksgiving came early, did it? :P

I'm thankful for having bare necessities, especially when I'm reminded of how such things are taken for granted. I have somewhere I call 'home' and the means to buy food and water when an increasing amount of people don't. I don't feel particularly safe but you can't have everything I guess.

My mother who was always there for me and helped me in every way she could. She's someone I can count on.

I'm thankful to my supervisor for accepting me in his lab and everybody in it who have helped me grow.

I'm thankful to myself (?) for getting into a public university. I didn't have to pay to have certain doors open.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

I'm thankful for being alive, because I really enjoy it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

I'm thankful for this place.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 22, 2017, 02:46:59 AM
I'm thankful for being alive, because I really enjoy it.

Yes! It's good!

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 22, 2017, 02:35:53 AM
Thanksgiving came early, did it? :P

I'm thankful for having bare necessities, especially when I'm reminded of how such things are taken for granted. I have somewhere I call 'home' and the means to buy food and water when an increasing amount of people don't. I don't feel particularly safe but you can't have everything I guess.

My mother who was always there for me and helped me in every way she could. She's someone I can count on.

I'm thankful to my supervisor for accepting me in his lab and everybody in it who have helped me grow.

I'm thankful to myself (?) for getting into a public university. I didn't have to pay to have certain doors open.

Mothers!  Thanks for mothers!

Ecurb Noselrub

Michael1

I am grateful for being here. I feel loved and nurtured by myself, as well as others. I feel grateful for being able to help others in need and to get help in return. I feel like we're (on) a unique planet with lots of wealth and wisdom.
I liked the earth before it was cool.

Arturo

I am grateful for people much smarter than me! It seems like I will never know enough but perhaps I'll be happy 😀
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Asmodean

Hmm... Are we talking recent events, in general or like... Define your own scope type of situation?

I like the fact that my vacation is over. Also, I like that I managed to spend three weeks doing what a physicist might call nothing to the point where I can't even remember any of those things I did or didn't do.

Also, I'm grateful to a person I'm unwilling to name or otherwise identify here for offering me a pretty cool job. If ever you should read this and know me for... Well, me, sorry I had to say "no." You know my reasons. I do appreciate you coming to me with this though - unprompted. That... Means something.

Hmm... Other things..?

Nope. The Asmo is a self-centered asshole with entitlement complexes. Gratitude! BAH! Is no more than His fair share, that there!  >:( Hashtag deity.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

I'm feeling very grateful for the extra two days off! :party:

It feels like Friday. This calls for some terrible music.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Arturo

This is an improvement

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

OldGit

I'm grateful to Mrs Git for looking after me.

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

I guess I'm grateful...for being alive?  :shrug: