News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Photography

Started by afreethinker30, June 20, 2008, 04:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: "McQ"That's quite a list of lenses! Nice. It's smart to invest in good glass. But you should probably get a macro lens too.  ;)
I have a 24-105 minolta but that's neither fish nor fowl so I don't use that. The Minolta 100-300mm I have is useless with the digital sensor with ghost images everywhere.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Tank

Spider close up

[spoiler:9pt8e2np][/spoiler:9pt8e2np]

Tank

Tank

Tank

Tank

Common Garden Spider. VERY close up!

[spoiler:3curai10][/spoiler:3curai10]

Tank

Emperor Dragonfly, Sony A100 and Sigma 180mm f3.5.

Tank

KDbeads

Tank, though absolutely fabulous.... that spider creeped me out!

One of mine:

I'm just getting back into this, finally got a cannon rebel xsi (it was a gift, I will NOT complain, it's far better than the little fuji PS I had for 5 years) and have started playing again...
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Tank

I've spoilered the spider photo in case there are any other arachnophobes about  :D

I do like those lilies.

The Rebel is a great starting point and gives you access to Canon's exquisite range of lenses!

Tank

KDbeads

Quote from: "Tank"I've spoilered the spider photo in case there are any other arachnophobes about  lol  on the spoiler!  Not an arachniphobe though  :blink:  
I do like the lens I was able to get my hands on though, the 75-300 zoom, awesome.  I had a rebel x film camera that I adored when I first started playing but well, everything went digital and left me in the dust.  Was really wanting the Mark II but I think it will be a while for that one.  Looking at macro lenses now.... and saving up for one  :D

I like finally being able to get shots like this without having to pose a subject and fiddle with the PS controls:

ETA, LOVE the color on those lilies of yours, love that blue color!
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Tank

The Canon range has a super duper macro lens http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product ... macro_usm/ that is one of the best of its kind around. Worth saving up for!