News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

It's not often I get tears in my eyes...

Started by Dave, January 17, 2017, 07:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

... but I have got them now.

I only heard about Alma Deutscher a couple of days ago, as an accomplisged composer at not yet 12 years of age.

In an idle moment I looked her up and found this:

Nothing left to say.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tom62

Same for me! I've also got tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing!
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

Damn video must be broke because my eyes are completely dry,... but she certainly does have an awesome voice, incredible range and power at such a young age very, very impressive.

I also dug this guy sitting in the audience, when Miss Deutscher started to sing he was air-conducting all over his aisle like a madman!

Funny.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on January 18, 2017, 04:03:42 PM
Damn video must be broke because my eyes are completely dry,... but she certainly does have an awesome voice, incredible range and power at such a young age very, very impressive.

No to mention incredible confidence!

She also still sounds like a 12 yo girl who is really enjoying herself in her interviews. Thinks of fairies and princesses to give her inpiration.

Hope fame is kind to her.

Dave

Hey, guys, I made a mistake in my sekection!

I googled Alma and did not notice that the citations included  Amira Willihagen - who it is singing on the video!

Still very moving and I have heard Alma's voice elsewhere, a good voice but maybe without the range.

(There aren't many videos of her singing.)

However, her other talents make up for it!

Icarus

There are some incredibly talented kids out there. Amira is certainly one of them. Whats not to love about her and the others....like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h2jUYOvWxE

I also have tears in my eyes.